phpBB, Joomla!, Kunena and back to phpBB

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Astore

phpBB, Joomla!, Kunena and back to phpBB

Post by Astore »

I've been using the forums for nearly twenty years and there are hundreds of those I've been registered to.
My favorite forum platform has always been phpBB.

About ten years ago I chose Joomla! as CMS for my websites, since then I always wanted to be able to integrate Joomla! and phpBB but I've always seen bridges as a constant source of problems.

I have always looked at Kunena as an alternative to phpBB to use with Joomla!
After repeated evaluations and postponements, now seemed the time to migrate to Kunena, but after a couple of weeks of attempts and deepenings, I came to the conclusion that the most reliable solution is still phpBB.

In fact, Jooma! docet.
AmigoJack

Re: phpBB, Joomla!, Kunena and back to phpBB

Post by AmigoJack »

What are the reasons for you to use a CMS in the first place? Since I used phpBB and other BBSes for more than 12 years for everything I never had the need to use a CMS over or parallely to a BBS - that's why I'm asking.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Not using a bridge between joomla and phpbb, but I do use the p8pbb comments extension for joomla which enable to use phpbb as a comments engine for joomla and is great :)
Astore

Post by Astore »

AmigoJack wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:35 am What are the reasons for you to use a CMS in the first place? Since I used phpBB and other BBSes for more than 12 years for everything I never had the need to use a CMS over or parallely to a BBS - that's why I'm asking.
First of all different point of view.

Then, in all the cases where I don't need a BBS, why do I have to use it?
Astore

Post by Astore »

koraldon wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:41 pm Not using a bridge between joomla and phpbb, but I do use the p8pbb comments extension for joomla which enable to use phpbb as a comments engine for joomla and is great :)
I don't know it, I will check. ;)

Thank you for your advice.

P.S.: their demo doesn't works, do you have some link please ?
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Sure, here is an example:
This is the joomla article - https://www.pundak.co.il/reviews/boardg ... ias-tribes
And this is the phpbb topic - https://www.pundak.co.il/forums/viewtop ... 26&t=39904
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Astore wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:05 pmall the cases where I don't need a BBS
...which are?
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
Astore

Post by Astore »

AmigoJack wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:54 am
Astore wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:05 pmall the cases where I don't need a BBS
...which are?
About my needs is 90% of the cases!
It means when I don't allow people subscribe and discuss on my web pages.
Last edited by Astore on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astore

Post by Astore »

koraldon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:11 pm Sure, here is an example:
This is the joomla article - https://www.pundak.co.il/reviews/boardg ... ias-tribes
And this is the phpbb topic - https://www.pundak.co.il/forums/viewtop ... 26&t=39904
Thank you! ;)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”