quoting without new window

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
thewallfacers

quoting without new window

Post by thewallfacers » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:47 pm

It would be nice to have a function that allows you to: quote anyone from the responses without starting in a new window. When you press quote, you quote them, (they are notified) and you can write on the same window. Without losing your place in the comments.

is there an extension that does this? This seems very common sense, yet I don't see this function on phpbb 3.2. :| So I'm guessing it might be a easy extension fix?

Thanks

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: quoting without new window

Post by KevC » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:04 pm

You can already highlight text in the topic review below the posting window and click the quote button for each one that you want to include in your reply.
Or do you mean something different to that?

I've just clicked the quote button 3 times in your reply and it shows what you wrote each time. That's the same if it was different replies as well.
thewallfacers wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:47 pm
It would be nice to have a function that allows you to: quote anyone from the responses without starting in a new window. When you press quote, you quote them, (they are notified) and you can write on the same window. Without losing your place in the comments.

is there an extension that does this? This seems very common sense, yet I don't see this function on phpbb 3.2. :| So I'm guessing it might be a easy extension fix?

Thanks
thewallfacers wrote:

Thanks
thewallfacers wrote:

Thanks
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

thewallfacers

Post by thewallfacers » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm

KevC wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:04 pm
You can already highlight text in the topic review below the posting window and click the quote button for each one that you want to include in your reply.
Or do you mean something different to that?

I've just clicked the quote button 3 times in your reply and it shows what you wrote each time. That's the same if it was different replies as well.
thewallfacers wrote:

Thanks
thewallfacers wrote:

Thanks
thewallfacers wrote:

Thanks
Hmmmmm can you explain again how you were able to quote me three times? Did you have to open a new window?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:15 pm

I clicked the arrow in the screenshot.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 19.14.21.png
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

thewallfacers

Post by thewallfacers » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:22 pm

KevC wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:15 pm
KevC wrote:
KevC wrote:
I see, but the problem is

1) as soon as you hit post reply, it opens a new window

2) I realize you can just activative quick reply but after clicking quick reply, you would have to find the comment then click quote. That seems to be alotta work to just quote some one

Here is an example: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/198161 ... worth-hype

To reply and quote any comment in the thread, you just click quick quote beneath and you can quote and comment right there, --> 1 click, no new window

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Maybe try this extension (when finished) viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2467831
Greetings
Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
no support via PM or mail

thewallfacers

Post by thewallfacers » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:18 pm

canonknipser wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:59 pm
sweet thanks for the reco, how can i get myself notified when its ready?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:53 pm

It's always going to load a new window because you need to get to the right part of the forum code that's generating a post.
Cheap UK Hosting

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:00 pm

thewallfacers wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:18 pm
canonknipser wrote:
Subscribe to the topic.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

thewallfacers

Post by thewallfacers » Wed May 02, 2018 8:03 pm

stevemaury wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:00 pm
thewallfacers wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:18 pm
canonknipser wrote:
Subscribe to the topic.
Thanks!

Return to “phpBB Discussion”