IP Logging turned off!

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Isthislegit

IP Logging turned off!

Post by Isthislegit »

Hello,

I often use this forum called <link removed> and it's a forum on the latest version of PHPbb. I now asked them about the IP-logging as much of the content overthere is illegal in the country.

They replied that the IP logging is turned off. Their proof was this video they made and posted: <link removed>

The video shows every IP is 00.00.00!! From newly created users and old ones! When posted and when registered.

I trusted them, but when I talked to my fellow programmer, he told me this was a faked video and that it's totally impossible to turn of this feature on the latest version of PHP.

Who do I trust? Can IP-logging be turned off?

Please give me clearance about this.
Last edited by Isthislegit on Sun May 20, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: IP Logging turned off!

Post by thecoalman »

I removed your links and moved this to more appropriate forum.

Out of the box there is no way to turn off IP logging in phpBB however that is easily overcome by modifying the script. As far as the server logging goes that is easily scrubbed or configured to not log IP' also
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Isthislegit

Post by Isthislegit »

thecoalman wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:06 am I removed your links and moved this to more appropriate forum.

Out of the box there is no way to turn off IP logging in phpBB however that is easily overcome by modifying the script. As far as the server logging goes that is easily scrubbed or configured to not log IP' also
Ok so to my question, you saw the video is it fake? Can this be done.. to make everyting on IP-logging 00.00.00?

How can you modify the script for this use? Is it safe?
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

You would not need to fake the video but there is nothing preventing someone from reversing modifications after the video was made.
How can you modify the script for this use?
If you were running a phpBB forum you could search the extension database for such feature, post your question in the phpBB custom coding section or make a request for an extension. Since you apparently do not run a phpBB forum please don't waste anybody's time.

Thanks.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Isthislegit

Post by Isthislegit »

thecoalman wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:21 am You would not need to fake the video but there is nothing preventing someone from reversing modifications after the video was made.
How can you modify the script for this use?
If you were running a phpBB forum you could search the extension database for such feature, post your question in the phpBB custom coding section or make a request for an extension. Since you apparently do not run a phpBB forum please don't waste anybody's time.

Thanks.
I saw this thread viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2385946

And I've also searched the whole forum, nodbody seems to have info about turning off IP-logging exept this guide.. does it still work?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

It is possible to turn off IP{ logging in phpBB, to answer your question.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
LaxSlash1993

Post by LaxSlash1993 »

stevemaury wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:54 pm It is possible to turn off IP{ logging in phpBB, to answer your question.
It is? Since when?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Requires hacking code - it's not a setting.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”