Hosting Space Question

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
kpixel2009

Hosting Space Question

Post by kpixel2009 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Hello Everyone! :)

I am new to phpBB and this forum and I would like to ask a question about hosting space. I have a Wordpress website for my business and I would like to have a forum for clients and prospects. I don't plan on having a really large forum and I am guessing that the most people on the forum would be 200. Does anyone have any ideas on the storage space and bandwidth that would be required for my new forum?

Regards,

kpixel2009

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Hosting Space Question

Post by stevemaury » Sun May 27, 2018 5:43 pm

Impossible to answer. How long is a string? Depends on activity, attachments, length of posts, etc. Take a guess, start with that, and go up or down as future experience dictates.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:45 pm

As we don't know what space you have now it is difficult to say but if you are running WP then I would guess that certainly in the initial stages you would have enough to run phpBB as well. You may find that you wil need to increase your webspace in time.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

kpixel2009

Post by kpixel2009 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:59 pm

david63 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:45 pm
As we don't know what space you have now it is difficult to say but if you are running WP then I would guess that certainly in the initial stages you would have enough to run phpBB as well. You may find that you wil need to increase your webspace in time.
Thank you for your input. I guess I could start small in the beginning and then upgrade later. :)

kpixel2009

Post by kpixel2009 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:03 pm

stevemaury wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:43 pm
Impossible to answer. How long is a string? Depends on activity, attachments, length of posts, etc. Take a guess, start with that, and go up or down as future experience dictates.
Steve, I'm sorry but it never occurred to me to take these things into account. What I will do is start small and then upgrade to more hosting space and bandwidth. Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Regards,

kpixel2009

Return to “phpBB Discussion”