Most pointless Extension?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
paulie

Most pointless Extension?

Post by paulie »

Firstly, I'd just like to say I have a good few extensions added to my Forum and therefore I'd like to express my thanks to those who dedicate their spare time to writing them.

But, I do sometimes look at Extension requests and think 'Why would you want to even do that' or even 'What's the point of that'?

What are some of the daftest, most pointless - or even just plain weird - Extension / Modification requests you've seen?
'Life in the Air Age isn't all the brochures say ...'
AmigoJack

Re: Most pointless Extension?

Post by AmigoJack »

Your subject doesn't mention ideas at all, but your text is directed at only those - can you please change your post accordingly?

**links deleted as topic is now locked**
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
david63

Post by david63 »

AJ - Why are you trying to move this to "Ideas"? - the OP is quite clear that he is referring to Extensions
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

That's correct. Somehow my mind merged "requests" with ideas, but indeed they're different things. But it's still not clear if extensions or requests are meant - subject and text differ.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

One persons 'pointless extension' is another persons 'must have' its all down to individual taste and needs.

Any extension 'reported' as 'pointless' will likely raise the hackles of its supporters and end up as a slag-fest, hence locking

Return to “phpBB Discussion”