Deleting Ideas

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
Heo32

Deleting Ideas

Post by Heo32 »

I posted several ideas recently. Some of them were kept while a few got deleted.

Ideas are favored based on the votes. The ones that were deleted should not have been since they were good in my view. To me, you don't get to simply delete an idea because you feel like it or don't agree with it. That is not acceptable and it is disrespectful since I put time and thought into them. Due to the cherry picking going on, without informing me as to why my ideas were deleted, I will no longer be providing any further feedback/ideas for phpBB.
stevemaury wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm I went to your board and looked for an hour or so, but did not see the women without underwear.
Allow using Content-Security-Policy without unsafe-inline • Content-Security-Policy
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: Deleting Ideas

Post by canonknipser »

Did you check all subsequent pages in open ideas and implemented ideas or only the start page: ideas/
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
david63

Post by david63 »

Heo32 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:54 am I posted several ideas recently. Some of them were kept while a few got deleted.
I don't know how many Ideas you have posted but I have just count at least six that are still open.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

There's 23 pages of ideas going back 5 years. I don't think any have been deleted.
Please check again.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

maybe a problem with the fact that there is no pagination on the index page. I wondered why that is so.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

I guess because that's only the top ideas in each section. There's a link on the right of each box to the full listings.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

You even made this post in one of your own ideas and the whole thing still isn't deleted:
Heo32 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:04 amI understand. Please delete this topic. It was a bad idea.
Please provide further details, i.e. the title of an idea that got deleted. Thanks to "Ideas Bot" always posessing the first post you can't find posts by author there, but this list shows all ideas where you at least replied to.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

As lead of the moderation team, I can assure you that it's policy not to delete ideas, certainly not when we "don't feel like it" or disagree.

The only cases when an idea is moved (never fully deleted) is when it's an obvious support request to get something done or fixed to somebody's own board. We then move the topic to the Support forums.

Please do let me know if there are specific ideas that you are missing that you feel have been deleted and I will do my best to hunt them down and see what's happened with them. I dislike cherry picking as much as you do, if not more. The Ideas section is specifically there to see what the community wants and to gather feedback. Which is exactly the reason why it is policy never to touch those topics. ;)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Heo32

Post by Heo32 »

I believe that I was wrong and that all my suggestions are still there. On top of having a bad day (July 2nd), I thought one of them was deleted. Sorry about that.
stevemaury wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm I went to your board and looked for an hour or so, but did not see the women without underwear.
Allow using Content-Security-Policy without unsafe-inline • Content-Security-Policy

Return to “phpBB Discussion”