Tracker tickets are disregarded

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
AmigoJack

Tracker tickets are disregarded

Post by AmigoJack »

The tracker has numerous tickets from me and the vast majority of them are not processed for years already. Given that a couple of them have "fix version" releases that are outdated by far (i.e. PHPBB3-12101, PHPBB3-11765, PHPBB3-10961 and PHPBB3-10922) I think nobody cares for them anymore, or worse: nobody even sees them in a search anymore. Also tickets were closed without giving an explanation/comment about that step (i.e. PHPBB3-11607, PHPBB3-13102, PHPBB3-11607, PHPBB3-11115 and PHPBB3-10648).

It's not because my tickets are imprecise or even ambiguous. Multiple times I read "create a git pull request", which I refused to create - and I think I'm the vast minority of people even being able to do that, while others aren't even able to create them, not to speak about the code at all (and even then they get denied, as in PHPBB3-15300). This all is unreasonable and inconsistent, I gave up creating tickets and I'm sure other people are scared away, too. It feels like interacting with politicians: no matter how detailled and revealing your issue reports are, it mostly passes by unnoticed, and almost never makes a change.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
Dog Cow

Re: Tracker tickets are disregarded

Post by Dog Cow »

And yet, I remember phpBB development of 12 or so years ago being a lot more closed than it is now, so much of what is available to us now is, at least in my eyes, a big improvement over things in the old phpBB 2.x days.

I realize this doesn't really contribute anything toward the situation that you're pointing to, but it's my observation that phpBB development is a lot more open than it used to be.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

I have no experience of phpBB development before 3.0.7-PL1, but I do know that JIRA was the not alive back then, but instead a different tracker system was used.

Thanks 3Di - I have no idea why nobody was able to automate closing all the "old" tickets and adding a comment linking to that post - that remains unprofessional. And I have to fear they repeat that when encountering the "unmanageable" stage again. As if they're unable to judge single users that would never create tickets based on assumptions and their texts are still worth to be read - if phpBB treats me like Joe Smith who creates a ticket because of being unable to read a manual then I'll treat phpBB just like Joe Smith.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I stopped wasting my time with the tracker a long time ago.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

Ah, interesting. It seems an unintended consequence of making the tracker so available to everyone is that everyone ended up using it! And the developers were overwhelmed. Hum-ho. :cry:
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

The tracker it is always available to everyone.
As long they have the credentials to get in.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Return to “phpBB Discussion”