Discuss: phpBB 3.2.3 Release

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Elsensee
Development Team Member
Development Team Member
Name: Oliver Schramm

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.2.3 Release

Post by Elsensee » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:59 pm

mamba wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:00 pm
david63 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:04 am
Not sure how you have been doing it for over 10 years when phpBB 3.1/3.2 has only been out for four years
Many core changes could be transferred into 3.1 from earlier versions. Duh.
I don't know what core changes we're talking about, but you can make an extension from almost every core change. And if you don't know how, ask somebody. This way future updates won't mess with these changes; you can just drop all files onto your server, push the db update and everything keeps working. It's worth it.
Development Team Member
I don't make bugs - I make features

nou nou

Post by nou nou » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Updating was a breeze and not a single problem with over 60 extensions. Both test and live forum are doing well :)

Greatly prefer the "overwrite all files with full package" method. I used to do the auto update package but this is so much easier.

Thanks all for a job well done!

John connor

Post by John connor » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:02 pm

Yeah, I use the manual update now anymore. The automatic updates method just gave me too many issues. Specifically updating the database. I used to have error_logs all the time about the time zone or something, and since I began to manually update instead those errors are gone.

Helios7

Post by Helios7 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:06 pm

Yes, i too found this the hard way by losing a few hours to a days worth post due to no proper backups.

Probably something could be preventing the "automatic updates method " in some forums and more and more research can reveal how to successfully perform automatic updates but for a sure-shot method, manual updates appear to be the only choice though it consumes much time yet brings-in a sure success. :)

thetripperchic

Post by thetripperchic » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:00 pm

i can't past udate files in automatic update. and therefore can't move into updating the database. I downloaded the archive and manually uploaded all those files and even restarted install. but no go. I guess, i will try to do it manually, cuz right now my board is hungup in the middle of updating.

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:06 pm

It has been mentioned so many times, that don't use automatic update, use full package.
"When answer lies in the question,.. question becomes redundant!"

Return to “phpBB Discussion”