Discuss: phpBB 3.2.3 Release

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Elsensee
Former Team Member
Name: Oliver Schramm

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.2.3 Release

Post by Elsensee »

mamba wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:00 pm
david63 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:04 am Not sure how you have been doing it for over 10 years when phpBB 3.1/3.2 has only been out for four years
Many core changes could be transferred into 3.1 from earlier versions. Duh.
I don't know what core changes we're talking about, but you can make an extension from almost every core change. And if you don't know how, ask somebody. This way future updates won't mess with these changes; you can just drop all files onto your server, push the db update and everything keeps working. It's worth it.
Former Development Team Member
I don't make bugs - I make features
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Updating was a breeze and not a single problem with over 60 extensions. Both test and live forum are doing well :)

Greatly prefer the "overwrite all files with full package" method. I used to do the auto update package but this is so much easier.

Thanks all for a job well done!
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Yeah, I use the manual update now anymore. The automatic updates method just gave me too many issues. Specifically updating the database. I used to have error_logs all the time about the time zone or something, and since I began to manually update instead those errors are gone.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Helios7

Post by Helios7 »

Yes, i too found this the hard way by losing a few hours to a days worth post due to no proper backups.

Probably something could be preventing the "automatic updates method " in some forums and more and more research can reveal how to successfully perform automatic updates but for a sure-shot method, manual updates appear to be the only choice though it consumes much time yet brings-in a sure success. :)
thetripperchic

Post by thetripperchic »

i can't past udate files in automatic update. and therefore can't move into updating the database. I downloaded the archive and manually uploaded all those files and even restarted install. but no go. I guess, i will try to do it manually, cuz right now my board is hungup in the middle of updating.
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

It has been mentioned so many times, that don't use automatic update, use full package.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
david63

Post by david63 »

david63 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:55 am At last i have found the answer to when phpBB will have the next release - when I am away on holiday.

Almost every release since 3.1 has occurred when I am away - and no I will not tell anyone when I am next on holiday!!!
With all the activity on Github and the fact that I am going on holiday in 10 days time it looks as if a new release is imminent :lol: :lol: :lol:
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

david63 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 pm With all the activity on Github and the fact that I am going on holiday in 10 days time it looks as if a new release is imminent :lol: :lol: :lol:
The fifth prophecy of Fátima then? :lol:
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Return to “phpBB Discussion”