Forum List with "Disallow usernames" ?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
enter a valid email

Forum List with "Disallow usernames" ?

Post by enter a valid email »

Hi
Sry I dont know how to call it. But the Search funktion here dont show me any Article who someone discuss it before. :D
Is there an List with all Therms a Newbee Admin should add in the "Disallow usernames" List like: Admin, Official, VIP,...?
I some Forum I could create some Username who sound very official what can be fatal when other user think a Admin is talking to them.
THX!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Forum List with "Disallow usernames" ?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

only you can decide what usernames you would want to ban. personally I think you are still over thinking this whole thing. If I remember correctly your board is not even live yet and you are worrying about things that probably will NOT be a problem for a long time , if ever.

get your board uploaded to your hosting account and make it live. get some members, some posts etc. it is not doing you or anybody else any good sitting on your computer at home.

luck,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Forum List with "Disallow usernames" ?

Post by KevC »

I've never put anything in it. People usually have a particular username they use everywhere. I've never even had anyone attempt to register with names like admin and mod. I think if anyone ever does use it, it's for 'offensive' words.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “phpBB Discussion”