Cookie Consent and Delete all board cookies

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
WelshPaul

Cookie Consent and Delete all board cookies

Post by WelshPaul »

Any reason why the "Delete all board cookies" doesn't delete the cookie that is set when someone accepts the cookie consent notice?
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: Cookie Consent and Delete all board cookies

Post by 3Di »

The actual logic deletes Cookies with dynamic names (do NOT delete poll cookies for example), more specifically deletes the cookies created by phpBB which keep you authenticated and logged into the board. if you think that's a glitch or a bug, you know.. :)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
david63

Post by david63 »

WelshPaul wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:25 pm Any reason why the "Delete all board cookies" doesn't delete the cookie that is set when someone accepts the cookie consent notice?
Because the "Cookie Consent" cookie is a third party cookie and does not conform to the phpBB cookie format.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
WelshPaul

Post by WelshPaul »

david63 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:12 pm
WelshPaul wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:25 pm Any reason why the "Delete all board cookies" doesn't delete the cookie that is set when someone accepts the cookie consent notice?
Because the "Cookie Consent" cookie is a third party cookie and does not conform to the phpBB cookie format.
It may well not "conform to the phpBB cookie format" but it's a cookie that is set by phpBB and as such the "Delete all board cookies" option no longer deletes all cookies set by phpBB.

The fix is easy, just a simple edit of the ucp.php file but was just putting it out there.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I tend to agree. If phpbb is providing this third party cookie consent thing in the core then it needs to be removed with any of the other phpbb cookies.

otherwise, the users will feel like they are being lied to about what the function does.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

If you believe it should be changed, report it in the bug tracker.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “phpBB Discussion”