Copy phpbb contents to new forum without admin access

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
dr_jivagos

Copy phpbb contents to new forum without admin access

Post by dr_jivagos »

I have a fórum that it´s totally bugged now, and the company that hosts it isnt giving support anymore ( http://toc.informe.com/ ).
We are creating a new fórum hosted in our own servers.
Since we can´t access the admin page to backup the previous fórum, how could we manage to get all the history of the fórum in the new fórum.
I mean is there any possibility to copy the topics, posts, etc without admin access and import it into the new fórum (i mean without copy pasting all the posts... cause this is a huge fórum).
Any clue or help is appreciated.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Copy phpbb contents to new forum without admin access

Post by KevC »

You need the database. Informe do not generally give you access to that. I'm amazed they're still running phpBB2. We stopped supporting that 10 years ago!
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
AmigoJack

Re: Copy phpbb contents to new forum without admin access

Post by AmigoJack »

If you have access to the file system (i.e. to upload a PHP file) then it's rather "easy" to get a copy of the database. If not, then it's a task that can be achieved only a hard way and even then not fully (as in: things that aren't visible to everyone, like private messages) - you'd have to pay good money for someone doing that.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28

Return to “phpBB Discussion”