Discuss: phpBB 3.2.4 Release

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
I've Been Banned!

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.2.4 Release

Post by 2600 »

</Solidjeuh> wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:21 pm
John connor wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:58 pm Do you need to have an updated style for this release?
See: https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3 ... -prosilver
david63 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:16 pm
John connor wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:58 pm Do you need to have an updated style for this release?
From what I can see there are very few actual template changes (there are a couple of css changes in prosilver) but there are quite a few template events added.

So I'm very code stupid, but know a few things. I take it I need an updated style based on those changed files then? If so, I can't update until the author of my style updates. I just don't know. I guess I'll ask the style Dev.

Edit-

Going to the style topic it's been updated. :lol:
Last edited by 2600 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Helios7 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Bertie does look cute. Might have one some day. :)
Yeah, I'm thinking about buying one once they get the warehouse issue sorted. I have an Intel doll I bought on eBay and Bernie will sit next to him on my bookshelf. I also collect Funko Pop dolls from different things I'm interested in. Primary from the TV cartoon show Rick & Morty and The X-Files. I may start collecting Metal Gear Funko Pop dolls next. :lol: I have a few Metal Gear stickers on my PC case I bought on eBay.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
mamba

Post by mamba »

Ugh. Uploaded changed files only and the forum, if you visit it, is just a jumble of php error code. I'm still busy uploading all the changed files.
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 2 passed to phpbb\avatar\manager::__construct() must implement interface phpbb\event\dispatcher_interface, instance of phpbb\di\service_collection given, called in /home/lld/public_html/forum/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php on line 584 and defined in /home/lld/public_html/forum/phpbb/avatar/manager.php:61 Stack trace: #0 /home/lld/public_html/forum/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(584): phpbb\avatar\manager->__construct(Object(phpbb\config\db), Object(phpbb\di\service_collection)) #1 /home/lld/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php(297): phpbb_cache_container->getAvatar_ManagerService() #2 /home/lld/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(446): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get('avatar.manager', 2) #3 /home/lld/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php(4117): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBui in /home/lld/public_html/forum/phpbb/avatar/manager.php on line 61
I thought once the INSTALL folder was up there, a "closed for maintenance" screen is displayed?
Last edited by mamba on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Using latest version of PHPBB
mamba

Post by mamba »

Update: after everything uploaded, I updated the database (ignoring the alarming message about a "missing" update folder), and all was well again.

Not very elegant.
Using latest version of PHPBB
Helios7

Post by Helios7 »

Helios7 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:01 pm Thanks so much Marc and PHPBB for the new release.

Actually i wanted to move from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 this weekend and was confused as all discussion posts were from past few days and when i checked the first post saw Marc's announcement dated 2 days back (17 Nov) and only then realised 3.2.4 was released.

Being a novice i usually wait for atleast 2 months before making an update and always prefer the full manual update method than the auto-update one, so want to wait for a few weeks before proceeding to 3.2.4 but totally worried about the critical security issues that prompted for this quicker newer release so want to know if i have to make this update as an emergency/critical one or can wait for a few weeks before performing the update?

Best regards,
Helios
Hi, all. I want to know if i have to make this update as an emergency/critical one or can wait for a few weeks before performing the update? :)
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

Helios7 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:09 amHi, all. I want to know if i have to make this update as an emergency/critical one or can wait for a few weeks before performing the update? :)
It's a security update which fixes a security issue. We recommend you update as soon as possible. The details of the security problem itself are in the Announcement that Marc posted.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Helios7

Post by Helios7 »

JimA wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:42 am
Helios7 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:09 amHi, all. I want to know if i have to make this update as an emergency/critical one or can wait for a few weeks before performing the update? :)
It's a security update which fixes a security issue. We recommend you update as soon as possible. The details of the security problem itself are in the Announcement that Marc posted.
Perfect! Thanks for your reply. Yes, Marc's post did sound like a serious one. Will take immediate action. :) Best regards,
Helios
Jphammer

Post by Jphammer »

Iv'e updated to 3.2.4 and I'm now getting white page when clicking on some topics but other topics are fine.

I can created topics and comment with no problems .

Please could someone help ?
Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo »

Jphammer wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:02 pm Iv'e updated to 3.2.4 and I'm now getting white page when clicking on some topics but other topics are fine.

I can created topics and comment with no problems .

Please could someone help ?
Did you apply these changes: viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2492371 ?
My extensions for phpBB: CDB
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
Helios7

Post by Helios7 »

John connor wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:00 pm
Helios7 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Bertie does look cute. Might have one some day. :)
Yeah, I'm thinking about buying one once they get the warehouse issue sorted. I have an Intel doll I bought on eBay and Bernie will sit next to him on my bookshelf. I also collect Funko Pop dolls from different things I'm interested in. Primary from the TV cartoon show Rick & Morty and The X-Files. I may start collecting Metal Gear Funko Pop dolls next. :lol: I have a few Metal Gear stickers on my PC case I bought on eBay.
Wow, sounds like a nice collection. I dont have any dolls. Probably might start collecting a few when possible. :)
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

I really hate using the word "doll", but I guess that's what it is for lack of a better word. Hey, I had a ton of GI Joe's once when I was younger anyway. :lol:
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

bertie is not a doll, he is a bear. or rather a stuffed bear or maybe a plush toy but never a doll. although he is rather cute.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
DyraSan
I've Been Banned!

Post by DyraSan »

epi4dogs wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:24 am is it ok to update 3.2.2 to 3.2.4 or do I need to do 3.2.3 as a step?

thanks for all your good work

Yeah, I have the same doubt. May I direct Jump to 3.2.4 version?? or Its necessary to update 3.2.3 and then 3.2.4??

Help Please,
Last edited by DyraSan on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crizzo
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo »

No step to 3.2.3 needed, just go directly from 3.2.2 to 3.2.4.
My extensions for phpBB: CDB
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de

Return to “phpBB Discussion”