How to see answers given by users to my anti-spam Q&A

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
Marek Muc

How to see answers given by users to my anti-spam Q&A

Post by Marek Muc »

Hi, is there any way I can see what answers were given to my anti-spam Q&A? I'd like to see whether some answers seem to come from real users that I would like to accept, but they were rejected because I didn't foresee all the answers that a person can give to my Q&A.
thanks
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: How to see answers given by users to my anti-spam Q&A

Post by KevC »

Not without an extension of some sort.

If you have a good question there shouldn't be any ambiguity. if they do get it wrong it should only take them one or two more tries to get it right anyway.

If they're really struggling they can email you from the contact page. I get 10 new members a day and maybe 1 or 2 a year who struggle with the question.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Can we get a link to your board?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Marek Muc

Post by Marek Muc »

sure:
https://ifrscommunity.com/forum/

but be warned that this is a forum for accountants and so is the anti-spam Q&A ;)

I don't feel there is an issue with my Q&A (based on feedback from a few of my colleagues who already registered), I was simply curious whether failed registration attempts are stored somewhere in a database. I've noted the reply from KevC and I'm not complaining :)
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Accountants or not that can be Googled.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Marek Muc

Post by Marek Muc »

Everything can be googled :) As I understand it, I should aim for a question that, when entered into google, does not yield an answer in search results, right? My Q&A is like that in my opinion, google does not "understand" it. Am I mistaken? What are the first answers that a spambot would give to my Q&A challenge in your opinion?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

I should just be a case of covering the options people could write.

For instance, if the answer was IAS3 then people might write IAS3, IAS-3 or IAS 3

You also have enough people signed up that you cold post asking them if they has to take a couple of goes to answer and if so what they tried first.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Marek Muc

Post by Marek Muc »

I did that, I know most of the users personally and I asked them about their "user experience" including the Q&A challenge. They didn't have any problems passing it. As I wrote before, I don't feel there is an issue with my Q&A, I simply wanted to know if the failed registration attempts are stored somewhere in a database and I can review them - just to get more feedback in the early stage of my board. Now I know they aren't stored and I find it totally OK, I was just checking ;)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”