Discuss: phpBB 3.2.5 Release

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Simps
Name: Simon

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.2.5 Release

Post by Simps »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:23 am you should not be using the auto update method.

you should be following this process:
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/

however, after making a backup you should remove the folder named store even though the instructions say not to.
there are files in that folder that make the update process think you are still trying to use the auto update.

it is easier to just remove the store folder and replace it with all the other files/folders.

if the store folder winds up having some files that relate to extensions you have installed you can replace those folders/files into the new store folder later.

robert
Brilliant thank you. Just updated from 3.2.3 using this method. :)
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Updated a couple of forums from 3.2.4 to 3.2.5 using Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x. Updating took about 5 minutes from the time the board was disabled to completion of the update.

Thanks team!!
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
invenio

Post by invenio »

3.2.3 to 3.2.5 update using the knowledge base instructions went without incident.

Excellent work developers, thank you! Happy new year to you all.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

I'm not really wanting to update to 3.2.5 at this time since I already updated to 3.2.4 and I have some core edits and what not so the process is a little more complicated for me. So with that, when does 3.2.6 come out? Is there perhaps a known time frame at least? Like 2 months form now or something? I saw there was a pl release for 3.2.5? If so, I'd rather not update to 3.2.5 at all.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
david63

Post by david63 »

Standard answer John - 3.2.6 will be released when it is released but as there are no apparent major issues with 3.2.5 then I would not be expecting it any time soon, but that is only my opinion
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

I'm not really wanting to update to 3.2.5 at this time since I already updated to 3.2.4 and I have some core edits and what not so the process is a little more complicated for me.
For me is the autoupdater less work and not more complicated, than the full replacement (slow internet connection.)
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:31 am I'm not really wanting to update to 3.2.5 at this time since I already updated to 3.2.4 and I have some core edits and what not so the process is a little more complicated for me. So with that, when does 3.2.6 come out? Is there perhaps a known time frame at least? Like 2 months form now or something? I saw there was a pl release for 3.2.5? If so, I'd rather not update to 3.2.5 at all.
Actually what janus_zonstraal suggests could be done as a test without risk on localhost
janus_zonstraal wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:32 am For me is the autoupdater less work and not more complicated, than the full replacement (slow internet connection.)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

I do have a test domain where the index is locked with a basic HTTP password. I could try the automatic update package there, but in the past after using that it was a disaster. So I refuse to use automatic updates again. I do of course backup the how enchilada all the time so if something goes wrong it's no problem. I'm pretty well familiar with replacing the site with a backup.

And in case anyone was wondering about the security with using a basic HTTP password. I do know about a request hack to bypass it, but in my testing I wasn't successful. Also, the user name and password are such that Hydra would have a hell of a time brute forcing it, and if I see thousands of requests I'll block their ASN. :lol:
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Lon2

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.2.5 Release (Chmod Permissions)

Post by Lon2 »

Hello,

Hope this is the correct place to post this:

I noticed Chmod Permission Level info hasn't been updated in 2 years... is it still the same for 3.2.5?

TIA

Re: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... rmissions/
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

yes and most likely will remain the correct settings for the life of phpbb.

luck,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
neufke

Post by neufke »

Using the auto-update method, updating from 3.2.1 to 3.2.5 i am getting a 418 (I'm a Teapot) error on jquery.min.js and the following javascript files in installer_footer.html. Not sure if this falls in the category support or not and no, this isn't a joke, haven't heard of this error before. Locally the test update went very well but i had to revert back to 3.2.1 because there is no way the system let me install 3.2.5.

Anyone?
teapot.jpg
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
neufke

Post by neufke »

Thanks Janus but as said, it IS a real error as in, i couldn't get the installation started (and believe me, i tried, even with hardcoded $paths)... ;-)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

neufke wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:31 pm Locally the test update went very well but i had to revert back to 3.2.1 because there is no way the system let me install 3.2.5.
If the update went well on localhost, why not update completely on localhost and then import the updated database (with a few edits to the config table).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
neufke

Post by neufke »

Trying that now (db already uploaded but is a 1636Mb so took a while), still curious why the update failed. Could it be SSL ?

Return to “phpBB Discussion”