non-developed design phpbb?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
abdu7maan

non-developed design phpbb?

Post by abdu7maan »

There is a point I would like to discuss with the support team and developers
Did not you develop the default theme and also did not have the style editor inside the control panel?
The program is in its present state as if it were designed in the eighties, the visitor became interested in the site in terms of design and colors,
I would like to know why the program continues with this old and non-developed design?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: non-developed design phpbb?

Post by KevC »

A new style is coming in 4.0

There used to be an editor in the admin panel but it caused people more problems than it solved.

Mostly the default style just acts as a code base for third party styles.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
abdu7maan

Post by abdu7maan »

This version may not be released in the near future.
I am surprised that there is no designer interested in designing the styles of this program, although it is an old program and is widely distributed and has a large user base, yet his professional style is sure to be rare and rare
Why?
david63

Post by david63 »

The new style is currently being developed.

You have to bear in mind that everyone who contributes to phpBB does so on a voluntary basis in their spare time.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Have you not looked in the styles database? There are many excellent styles. There are places you can buy them for a small fee too.

Style design is not easy. It takes coding, graphical and design skills.
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
abdu7maan

Post by abdu7maan »

Most beautiful styles are not compatible with latest releases and do not work ... even paid. Not yet upgraded
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

well, beatiful is a subjective term, but most of the styles in the style database are up to date. and I know of some of the paid ones available elsewhere that are up to date as well.

I have to wonder why you are here constantly complaining about phpbb's lack of things that you think it should have.

why don't you go ahead and find a different bulletin board software to use. oh, I forgot, you are not looking for a bulletin board software , you are looking for something different and want to make phpbb into whatever that is.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
abdu7maan

Post by abdu7maan »

I installed some of your free stuff and did not work. Because it is designed for old versions. I am not from you alone. Any program use. Some people like to show in front of others that he is an expert and stuff himself in everything, which is the opposite
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

abdu7maan wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:56 am I installed some of your free stuff and did not work. Because it is designed for old versions. I am not from you alone. Any program use. Some people like to show in front of others that he is an expert and stuff himself in everything, which is the opposite
not sure what you are talking about. what "your free stuff". I don't have any styles available for use if that is what you are talking about.
phpbb.com has many styles and most all of them are up to date.

the rest of that sounds like you are describing yourself.

I agree.

i'm out

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

You can always go ahead and update any style with the code change available here https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3.2.0/
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

There are 60 styles in the database for 3.2.x
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... les-12/3.2

Most of the paid ones are up to date too or there would be no point in trying to sell them.
abdu7maan

Post by abdu7maan »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:54 am
abdu7maan wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:56 am I installed some of your free stuff and did not work. Because it is designed for old versions. I am not from you alone. Any program use. Some people like to show in front of others that he is an expert and stuff himself in everything, which is the opposite
not sure what you are talking about. what "your free stuff". I don't have any styles available for use if that is what you are talking about.
phpbb.com has many styles and most all of them are up to date.

the rest of that sounds like you are describing yourself.

I agree.

i'm out

robert
Seems to be lacking a lot of respect ... I will get rid of you ... I hope the administration close the subject where there are members here whose job is to sabotage topics and raise problems
david63

Post by david63 »

abdu7maan wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 am there are members here whose job is to sabotage topics and raise problems
I have not seen anyone trying to "sabotage" topics - perhaps you are mistaking comments based on years of experience with both the product and the site with your own personal opinion and the only one who is raising problems (most of which do not even exist) is you.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
abdu7maan

Post by abdu7maan »

I did not insult anyone or reduce the visibility of any of the members and did not cause any problem to anyone
If you do not accept the debate and want to impose your opinion on it, this is your problem
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

I'm not quite sure of the rest of the point of this topic.

You've said you don't like the style. We've pointed you to styles that work and look nice and that a new default style will come further down the line.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”