are spammers vindictive?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
AmigoJack

Re: are spammers vindictive?

Post by AmigoJack » Mon May 20, 2019 7:03 am

potku wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:05 pm
in one instance, I wrote something positive about a certain spammer and his post, and he then replied by liking my post. That has to be human.
I've encountered blogs where the article comments had out-of-context replies with links, and also boards with out-of-context texts in replies to topics being many years old; sometimes a random quote was used.

One old method is also to register but not even consider following the activation link: the account details exist already, and the username may be the product name or website domain already. Or using the activation and then adjusting the account details, so the website contact field is filled. Now those links/details will also be crawled by search engines, should the board's memberlist be accessible - that's all what was wanted.

One key to avoiding spammers of any kind is to modify the registration pages: different names for the elements, different layout, different workflow. Bots aren't flexible enough, and human spammers are also confused by this. Based on your perspective it also keeps you from idiots who fail to register due to being unable to even read.

John connor wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:34 pm
Yes, there are in fact human spammers out there, not just bots. I know that to be fact because they bypassed the captcha.
I rather suspect a mixture, just like a download manager (i.e. JDownloader) which automates everything for you and you only need to solve each incoming CAPTCHA. Solving CAPTCHAs doesn't mean the human does everything else manually, too.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”