Mucho Euros!!!

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
ColinYeah

Mucho Euros!!!

Post by ColinYeah » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:57 pm

I would like to be able to charge users a subscription fee fro using my phpbb forum.
Is anyone here doing this?
Could you recommend a way of doing this?

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Mucho Euros!!!

Post by Mick » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 pm

My main question would be “have you enough confidence in your board and it’s content that you can guarantee people will pay to enter?”. If not you’ll be on a loser from the start, many struggle offering free boards. Please post a link to your board and explain what you have that’s so different.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:18 pm

ColinYeah wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:57 pm
I would like to be able to charge users a subscription fee fro using my phpbb forum.
Is anyone here doing this?
Could you recommend a way of doing this?
Use admin activation, an only activate those who mail you a copy of the transfer/donation document(s). As to how they should "donate": you could automatically mail instructions in a Welcome mail, or write a post on how to do it in a designated forum with read only permission for guests, or show a link for donations, or: anything you can think of which seems suitable for you.

As per Mick: you'll need strong arguments to entice people to pay in order to gain entrance to your forum.
My board's not broken, it just went peculiar

EA117

Post by EA117 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Not something I've ever done or considered.

Have you already seen viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2483111 ? That would seem like a way to let either guest or registered users into your site to see your sales pitch, and then choose whether or not to access the full paid content by subscribing to a particular group membership.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”