Mobile browsing.

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Mobile browsing.

Post by Steve » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:01 pm

Why is phpBB still using extremely small text L?
and default images whilst browsing on mobiles ?
I’d like to see some of them removed and replaced for space for reading, with out me going to the opticians for glasses :lol:

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Mobile browsing.

Post by david63 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:46 pm

Steve wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:01 pm
with out me going to the opticians for glasses
I believe that phpBB are on commission with Specsavers :lol: :lol: :lol:
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:58 pm

david63 wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:46 pm
with out me going to the opticians for glasses
I believe that phpBB are on commission with Specsavers :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s almost like as we age, on .com we have to breath in.
(Snapped my belt)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:09 pm

strange, I just turned 68 and have fairly bad eyesight but I have no problem reading the standard text size on desktop or reduced size devices.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Gumboots

Post by Gumboots » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:27 pm

You're not everyone. Some people are apparently finding it a problem.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:29 am

and, the OP is not everyone either. I never said it wasn't possible, that I find it strange that with my bad sight that I can see the text here just fine no matter what device I use. the font size is in phpbb is pretty standard for web pages and I wouldn't consider it small.

you know about opinions.....

robert

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:52 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:29 am
I find it strange that with my bad sight that I can see the text here just fine no matter what device I use. the font size is in phpbb is pretty standard for web pages and I wouldn't consider it small.
Not so strange: I have no problem with the font size here nor on most sites when using a browser on my PC but using the same browser on another PC I sometimes do have difficulties and that is probably caused by screen configuration or browser zoom settings.
The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:14 pm

warmweer wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:52 am
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:29 am
I find it strange that with my bad sight that I can see the text here just fine no matter what device I use. the font size is in phpbb is pretty standard for web pages and I wouldn't consider it small.
Not so strange: I have no problem with the font size here nor on most sites when using a browser on my PC but using the same browser on another PC I sometimes do have difficulties and that is probably caused by screen configuration or browser zoom settings.
yes, and that is my point, it is not about phpbb's default font size being to small. It is most likely either the style being used or, as you said, the individual's browser/device settings.

robert

Gumboots

Post by Gumboots » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:01 pm

I’d like to see some of them removed and replaced for space for reading, with out me going to the opticians for glasses :lol:
Ok, to shortcut all the discussion about whether you should be objecting or not, and get down to sorting the problem out*: are you trying to change it on every phpBB site on the web, or your own site, or this one?

If the problem is specifically mobile browsing then you can add a media query to increase body font size below a certain screen width and/or above a certain pixel density.

*I realise this is the internet, and therefore we should be using the approach that "someone is wrong on the internet!", and arguing endlessly about who really ought to be right, but I'm too lazy for that. :P

Steve

Post by Steve » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Gumboots wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:01 pm
Ok, to shortcut all the discussion about whether you should be objecting or not, and get down to sorting the problem out*: are you trying to change it on every phpBB site on the web, or your own site, or this one?

If the problem is specifically mobile browsing then you can add a media query to increase body font size below a certain screen width and/or above a certain pixel density.

*I realise this is the internet, and therefore we should be using the approach that "someone is wrong on the internet!", and arguing endlessly about who really ought to be right, but I'm too lazy for that. :P
My default settings are fine on every site around the web other than phpBB styles > https://www.stevenclark.website/phpbb/e ... p=550#p550

screen shots.

plus i went a head and changed the default style.

Gumboots

Post by Gumboots » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:25 pm

Righty-o. So it's sorted on your site. No problem. You can fiddle with it on other phpBB sites if you want to, by running a browser extension such as Stylish or Stylus (I'd recommend the latter). But it will get a tad tedious if you are trying to fix a lot of sites for your own browsing, since every site will need its own custom override. Mind you, there will be hardly any code in it and copying it will be easy. You'd just need the right domain name for each instance.

Return to β€œphpBB Discussion”