Can you reply all with quote in private message?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
obfuscated

Can you reply all with quote in private message?

Post by obfuscated »

It doesn't seem like you can and I've looked around.. am I missing something or what?

If you hit the Reply all button there's no quote, if you hit the quote button it only replies to the first username in the list.

Phpbb 3.2

warmweer

Re: Can you reply all with quote in private message?

Post by warmweer »

Reply is not a quote. For quoting you explicitly have to use the quote button.
Reply will automatically put the sender in the destination box (the one who sent you the PM)
Similarly Reply all is not a quote, but opens the posting area and puts the sender + all the other recipients in the destination box.

Quote does nothing more than quote the message you received into the post area, and puts the sender in the address.
If you want to reply with quote to all, you'll have to add all the other recipients to de destination box.

Added: I can't check it but I'm starting to doubt whether a recipient of a PM which was sent to multiple recipients can see to whom the PM was sent (apart from himself).
Last edited by warmweer on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brexit and Trump are old news and currently I have no inspiration for a new signature.
Ow, wait: 3.3 has been released.

obfuscated

Post by obfuscated »

warmweer wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:05 pm
If you want to reply with quote to all, you'll have to add all the other recipients to de destination box.
Okay, I'd like a button that quotes the message and adds the sender and recipients for the msg that I am responding to
the Recipients list.

viewtopic.php?f=436&t=2536861

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

As I posted in the Ideas section : viewtopic.php?p=15404941#p15404941
I doubt a Reply to All exists for PMs, as PM's are "Private" or "Personal" and it's none of the other recipients' business to know who else receives the PM.

I'll have to check on that.
Brexit and Trump are old news and currently I have no inspiration for a new signature.
Ow, wait: 3.3 has been released.

obfuscated

Post by obfuscated »

warmweer wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:20 pm
As I posted in the Ideas section : viewtopic.php?p=15404941#p15404941
I doubt a Reply to All exists for PMs, as PM's are "Private" or "Personal" and it's none of the other recipients' business to know who else receives the PM.

I'll have to check on that.
Yeah... that's not how it works apparently.
reply_all.jpg

Return to “phpBB Discussion”