Google Analytics Tracking Guests vs Registered Users

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
atonicens

Google Analytics Tracking Guests vs Registered Users

Post by atonicens »

Hi again,

Is anyone that's familiar with Google Analytics aware of whether it's possible and if so how to best configure Analytics to identify and track logged on users vs guests?

We'd like to be able to profile user stats between these 2 segments.

Have set up goals for things like the ucp.php register and login but conscious that not all users will go through these pages (especially if they have remember password on).

I'd like to, for example, be able to identify how many visits a day we are receiving from guests vs registered users.

Thanks in advance

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Google Analytics Tracking Guests vs Registered Users

Post by david63 »

At the initial stage of accessing your board you have no way to distinguish a registered user from a guest and unless the user logs in then you still cannot identify them
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

atonicens

Re: Google Analytics Tracking Guests vs Registered Users

Post by atonicens »

Thanks for your help.

I have managed to get this working now with the Google Analytics contribution which does send the user tracking information into Google Analytics for registered users.

With user tracking enabled and a new analytics user view setup, we can now see all users vs logged in users.

Not quite the guests vs logged in users, but having all vs logged in allows us to work out the delta in between :)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”