Problematic User

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
nzuraw
Name: Nicholas

Problematic User

Post by nzuraw »

We have a problematic user that while not directly contravening the rules of the forum, has been spreading assumptions, treading the fine line of inflammatory/bullying content and often putting down everybody else answers to topics.

We feel that if he is to remain he will get worse...

We have talked to them, talked about the harmony and respectfulness of the forum - to no avail.

We now feel that if a decision is reached to ban them, we need to be able to point to a specific rule or transgression

Has anyone else had similar issues? Employed any extensions to monitor the user? etc.,

Needs some ideas on how to proceed without being heavy handed!
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Problematic User

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

be heavy handed. it is your board. If this user is causing problems, give them a warning. If they do it again, simply ban them and be done with it. he is the only person that might be upset about it. your other users will thank you for getting rid of him.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Make a group that only has 'on moderation queue' access to all the forums. Then they can't post without you approving it.
You can also use that group to deny their editing rights (set it to NEVER) so they can't make a nice post and then edit it later.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

nzuraw
Name: Nicholas

Post by nzuraw »

Thanks Lumpy and KevC

I didn't think of the moderation actions - I like that, I also do agree with Lumpy about being heavy handed. Over night the user has been more inflammatory and alas worn out his nine lives! Banned --- Oh the power!!!

Return to “phpBB Discussion”