connect the phpbb notification with push notification in phpbb app on android

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
caiocald
Name: B!

connect the phpbb notification with push notification in phpbb app on android

Post by caiocald »

Hello,

Has anyone here already converted your phpbb forum to android app? There are currently several techniques for this. But none of them make it clear how I can make this work

I would like to know if anyone managed to turn native phpbb notifications into push notifications in the android application.

For example: when the person receives a new private message on the forum, that notification appears on their cell in a "push notification" mode

Does anyone have any sense of the terms I need to know to search? I don't find anything on the internet about that.

It amazes me, as we are already in 2020 and we need to adapt phpbb for the new access devices
Cubguy501

Re: connect the phpbb notification with push notification in phpbb app on android

Post by Cubguy501 »

Yea, seriously im so surprised that there are some major features that continue to be more or less ignored.... as the world we are set to assume things should work in a similar fashion. The board works fine in all mobile browsers but still lack the push notification. so all you can get is an email and only if you set the options right in the ocp.
Anyhew there are a few extensions out there a few have been more or less abondonded. but this one is recent.
however... NONE of them support Apple porducts. imho thats at least 50 percent of my people.... so why bother.

https://senky.github.io/pushnotifications/

I beleive you have to pay for this particular one.

There are also a few 3rd party APPs out there... but last i checked the best one didnt work.... wouldnt allow logins to a 3.3 board.
so yea.... not much

Return to “phpBB Discussion”