Simple questions

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
Emiliano Fierro

Simple questions

Post by Emiliano Fierro »

Hi everyone, I'm not new in this forum, but as you can see in my profile I'm just 16 years old and I have some questions
1)The first is related to my age:
What features would not be available for me?
2)The second is related to creating new communities,
Let me explain that, this is not the first time I use phpbb see my profiles below:
https://forum.princed.org/memberlist.ph ... ile&u=2764 and other account I couldn't find the link
What is necessary to know before using phpbb, I tried to install it but I did wrong some steps, I want to make a gaming forum instead of searching and joining existing ones
3)And the last question is related to recaptcha
As I wrote before, I want to make my own forum, and I would like to make it just for humans…
I expect your answer, please don't be so hard with me, I joined time ago, but it is my first post…

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Simple questions

Post by KevC »

Emiliano Fierro wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:55 pm
What features would not be available for me?
None
Once you download the software you can do whatever you like with it, it's yours.
Emiliano Fierro wrote:
What is necessary to know before using phpbb, I tried to install it but I did wrong some steps,
You don't need to know any coding. You just need a host (preferably paid - you can get them very cheaply). No other technical skills are needed. If you get stuck just post in the support forum and we will help you out.
I want to make a gaming forum instead of searching and joining existing ones
Good luck. It's a hugely competitive subject area with lots and lots of well established sites already out there.Probably one of the hardest sites to get off the ground to be honest.
Emiliano Fierro wrote:
3)And the last question is related to recaptcha
As I wrote before, I want to make my own forum, and I would like to make it just for humans…
phpBB has built in Q&A antispam. Make a question that cannot be searched such as something to do with your logo, or that requires some logical human understanding to solve. Do not use 2+2= or what colour is the sky.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

so, that should answer all your questions. now, if you had problems installing let us know what the problems were etc. then we can help you get it installed.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Emiliano Fierro

Post by Emiliano Fierro »

I need to tell you at once, I'm unable to make my own forum right now, it might be ready over 2027 or later, however it is worth to know more things before starting.
Well, my point is that I would like to add more specific fields such as "country" as required instead of optional location, and also required age. And I want to add a message like "we need software engineers to admin the forum"
You may think I should wait until I make my forum, in that case I will be back in 2027
Thanks no matter 2020 or 2027, goodbye…
Attachments
Temp.png

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

It seems that you have plenty of time so here’s a copy of the user manual which should answer most of your questions: 3.2 User Guide.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

What are you doing to your board for it to take until the year 2027 to be ready?..
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Offering private web hosting. Contact me for details.

david63

Post by david63 »

Elias wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:23 pm
What are you doing to your board for it to take until the year 2027 to be ready?..
Waiting for phpBB 6 :lol:
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if you come back, think about this:
there is no reason you have to wait until 2027 to start a board.
why would you think that? is it about having money to do it?

just FYI, you can get hosting and a domain name for less than 50USD a year.
if you gather that much money and get started. you can probably earn a little money on your board either with ads or by asking for donations.

first, you have to figure out if whatever your subject matter is would be popular enough to get any members.

also, there are places online that you can click a couple of buttons and have a board up and running in seconds.
I don't suggest you try to grow that board since you will not have any control over the files, database, etc.
but for a practice you can have one instantly to play with.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Return to “phpBB Discussion”