Why no Awards or Badges for forum members?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
kellijaebaeli
Name: Kelli Jae Baeli

Why no Awards or Badges for forum members?

Post by kellijaebaeli »

I'm continually chagrined by the absence of an extension that allows the admin to give out awards/badges/medals to members.

It's much like the rank system, but i noticed that that feature only allows one. I need to be able to give out these badges more than once, as they are earned. I also have custom images for them, and will need to upload those.

I have experimented with what's out there, and the pickings are slim. I currently have profile flair, but the images just don't look right. I make them high quality, in photoshop, even adjusted the sizing as advised by developer, and they still look awful.

I can't believe there isn't something out there for this. I see badges all over other forums. Mostly gaming ones, but still. The concept is the same.
Anyone? :(
Author of 60 books, 31 bestsellers, I'm an Indie Publisher, Editor, Artist, Singer-Songwriter, Secular Humanist, Democrat, Freethinker, Avid Reader, Constant Student, married to my awesome wife, Melissa Walker-Baeli.

Sign up for my mailing list, check out my work, or listen to my music at http://kellijaebaeli.com/ or http://femfic.net
janus_zonstraal

Re: Why no Awards or Badges for forum members?

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Why no Awards or Badges for forum members?

Post by KevC »

Why isn't there one?
Well it's not built in because it's quite a specific 'feature' that only a few boards would use. It's not something the wider forum population would find useful. That stuff was more popular in the 90s.

So then it falls to someone to write an extension for it.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “phpBB Discussion”