PHPBB - Call to undefined function: date_default_timezone_set() in config.php on line 17

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
postcd

PHPBB - Call to undefined function: date_default_timezone_set() in config.php on line 17

Post by postcd »

This may be applicable to higher PHPBB versions so i post it.
In 3.0.8 i have seen error: Call to undefined function: date_default_timezone_set() in config.php on line 17
the line in config.php was:
date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Prague');
so i turned it into:
//date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Prague');
and into php.ini file in same/root folder i added line:
date.timezone Europe/Prague
list of timezones: https://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php
i no longer see the error. I think the errors appeared after i changed PHP version for testing purpose (from 5.6 to 4.4)
but i bet it is not needed to add that php.ini file, because i see my hosting php configuration has already setting for timezone and also PHPBB in its Settings has timezone setup, so i am wondering how that line ended up in config.php. Do you have any feedback regarding this please? Thank you
I have Health Forum and also webmaster Hosting Forum. Interested in making money? Try money maker forum.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: PHPBB - Call to undefined function: date_default_timezone_set() in config.php on line 17

Post by stevemaury »

I am sorry, but support for the 3.0.x line ended years ago. The only support available is assistance with upgrading to the latest version.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
JLA
Name: JLA FORUMS

Re: PHPBB - Call to undefined function: date_default_timezone_set() in config.php on line 17

Post by JLA »

postcd wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:51 pm
Think remember seeing that error when going from php 5.2 to 5.3. Can't remember but something changed with timezones or something around that time that requires a change to not receive the error.
Last edited by Mick on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary full quoting.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

postcd wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:51 pm
the errors appeared after i changed PHP version for testing purpose (from 5.6 to 4.4)
Most likely, because that function (as per the manual) exists since PHP 5.1. PHP 4.4 is no longer maintained since late 2008.
  • The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10

Return to “phpBB Discussion”