quickreply attach box

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
power87

quickreply attach box

Post by power87 »

Hi guys,

i´m searching for an easy way to add the attachment box from the normal posting editor to the quickreply editor. Maybe someone has an idea, thanks :)
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: quickreply attach box

Post by Mick »

Why? I personally don’t see the point, clicking “Full Editor & Preview” gives you the full editor with all its bells & whistles. If you want this function I recommend you make an extension request.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
DTMWC

Post by DTMWC »

To be fair, if there is already a quick reply box at the bottom, it makes sense to be able to use most of the functions that one would use within the full editor there.

Can't remember which software it was, may have even been a phpBB but I remember seeing a forum that had the users avatar at the side of the quick reply box, the smilies were on the other side and text formatting tools were above it, didn't take much space and looked rather nice.

The beauty of it was, if you were replying to multiple people you could scroll up and read the posts, quickly scroll back down and carry on typing, much easier than using the topic review window at the bottom of the post a reply page, especially as the latest post is at the top of the review window when on the posting page the latest post is at the bottom, you could say that the latest post should be at the bottom of the review window and the review window itself should be located at the top of the post a reply page, but that's for another day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhoo that's just a couple of reasons one may wish to get more out of the quick reply box.
If you use CodePen... Give @SMKS's Thank You NHS pen a like.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

then what is the purpose of having a full editor and a quick reply both?

if you are going to have the full editor on the viewtopic page why bother with it having its own page?

I think it makes sense to have the full editor on the viewtopic page and no need for another full editor page but
I don't see the sense in having the full editor in both places.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Several posts split.

Please be respectful in your posting.

There is an approved extension for 3.1.x https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... uickreply/ with a link to a 3.2.x version. Whether that will work with 3.3.x or not I do not know and you will need to ask the extension author.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

DTMWC wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:57 pm
To be fair, if there is already a quick reply box at the bottom, it makes sense to be able to use most of the functions that one would use within the full editor there.
That may be true but I doubt attachments are one of the most used functions (personal impression = BBcodes are probably the most used - specifically quoting)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
power87

Post by power87 »

I found the extension "quickreply reloaded" too. This kind of extension is doing exactly what i need with the problem that it also adds too much things which i dont need. I already wrote a mail to the author but i got no response until yet. I thought about an easy attach-box include command, i already tried several things but it´s a bit more complex i guess, cause its not working :D

Anyway thanks a lot for your help, inputs and ideas - just for the info: I dont use the full editor, only the quickreply.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what would you do if phpbb didn't have a quick reply? ;)
one click to get to the full editor and one click to get back.

it was only relatively recent that phpbb added the quick reply.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Return to “phpBB Discussion”