Discuss: phpBB 3.3.2 Release

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.3.2 Release

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

no, they are not all at fault unless you want to consider not reading the instructions about which is the proper update method to use.

the auto update does work depending on the situation but since extensions have replaced the need for editing files there is rarely a need for the auto update any longer and the file replacement method is much quicker and easier than messing with the auto update.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
david63

Post by david63 »

In my opinion the auto update should have been dropped when phpBB 3.1 was released.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

The autoupdate has always worked well for me and my clients. With or without extensions installed.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
P_I

Post by P_I »

The release announcement didn't highlight one change that impacts notification settings for members.

See https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highligh ... provements and the screenshot below
phpBB - new notification options.PNG
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Marek Muc

Post by Marek Muc »

the first one marked yellow results from a bug fix which is included in the list of issues fixed in 3.3.2
https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3 ... lter=15390
P_I

Post by P_I »

Marek Muc wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:48 pm
the first one marked yellow results from a bug fix which is included in the list of issues fixed in 3.3.2
https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3 ... lter=15390
I knew that. The point was it changed functionality for members but wasn't highlighted in the release announcement.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

Return to “phpBB Discussion”