General phpbb questions

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
yotsuba

General phpbb questions

Post by yotsuba »

Hi! two general questions
1) Can phpbb allow anonymous posters? (to enable people to post easily without having to jump through hoops)

2) is there a question/answer system? (in other words, can phpbb be used as a question and answer session)

Thanks in advance, I am getting ready to start a site and figured it would be good to ask directly, as i might miss content or find outdated content if I just read forums to get the answers. Thanks!
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: General phpbb questions

Post by HiFiKabin »

1) Yes you can, but depending on how you decide to allow guest posting you may end up with a lot of SPAM. You can have a CAPTCHA with guest posting, but you need to ensure that it can not be easily answered by SPAMbots. You can see how I have configured it on my Extension Site (link in my sig below)

2) The topic starter can ask a question as the first post (much as you have done) and the replier can answer (much as I have done)
thegioiluatsu

Post by thegioiluatsu »

I used to use the feature that allows people to post on forums without having to register for an account. But I have had a very serious problem that my forums are constantly under attack by automated posting tools. I have decided not to use the feature and require users to register in order to post in the forums.
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unneeded link deleted
I come from Vietnam and I love phpBB. Sorry guys because I don't know English. I have used google translate to be able to communicate with you guys at this forum.
Học Luật Online khi chuyển tiền sai số tài khoản
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
yotsuba

Post by yotsuba »

Cool, thanks for all the replies, they were helpful!! :D
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

The OP has moved on to "zenforo better things" so closing

Return to “phpBB Discussion”