Can I embed this forum software to my website?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
t63r

Can I embed this forum software to my website?

Post by t63r »

I made a simple website on InfinityFree (With a custom URL) and I want to embed a forum into the site, Is that possible? :?:
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Can I embed this forum software to my website?

Post by HiFiKabin »

Looking at InfinityFree's details, yes you can host phpBB with them. DO NOT use the one click installer though. That will give you more trouble than its worth. Download the files from here and learn to use a FTP program. One warning though, free hosts have been known to vanish overnight, taking your website and board with it.

'Embed' is somethimng different as it all depends on what you exactly mean by that.
danieltj
Name: Daniel James

Re: Can I embed this forum software to my website?

Post by danieltj »

HiFiKabin wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:29 pm
Looking at InfinityFree's details, yes you can host phpBB with them. DO NOT use the one click installer though. That will give you more trouble than its worth. Download the files from here and learn to use a FTP program. One warning though, free hosts have been known to vanish overnight, taking your website and board with it.

'Embed' is somethimng different as it all depends on what you exactly mean by that.
I get the impression that they want to just add a forum rather than embed (like via an iframe).

As for the main post; I'd advise that they at least spend some money on a paid host which would add longevity to the sites lifespan.But everything you need can be done for free though (phpBB, FTP client etc).

Return to “phpBB Discussion”