Phpbb View Source Hide

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Raptiye
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Raptiye »

Hello;

With the ctrl + u feature, many special bb codes and plugins on my site appear. How can I prevent it from appearing? Ty.
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to phpbb discussion
"No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that."
Even your profile picture is a duplicate. AmigoJack :lol:
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Posts: 27163
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:44 pm
Location: The netherlands.
Name: Paul Sohier
Contact:

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Paul »

You can't.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 6544
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by warmweer »

Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:32 am
With the ctrl + u feature, many special bb codes and plugins on my site appear. How can I prevent it from appearing? Ty.
Remove all browser from their PCs.
Seriously, there are various ways to "prevent" source code being seen but most if not all can be bypassed easily.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
User avatar
david63
Registered User
Posts: 19067
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Contact:

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by david63 »

And as phpBB is open source then it is freely available to anyone.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Raptiye
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Raptiye »

I have no purpose of hiding them all. But my own private content can be easily copied. I'm trying to prevent this
"No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that."
Even your profile picture is a duplicate. AmigoJack :lol:
User avatar
david63
Registered User
Posts: 19067
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Contact:

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by david63 »

Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 am
I have no purpose of hiding them all. But my own private content can be easily copied. I'm trying to prevent this
Then don't put it in the public domain on the internet
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Raptiye
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Raptiye »

david63 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 am
Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 am
I have no purpose of hiding them all. But my own private content can be easily copied. I'm trying to prevent this
Then don't put it in the public domain on the internet
There are methods to hide your own themes, plugins and custom codes on wordpress. Judging by what you say, you should not use the internet. But it's not funny, as there is no solution.
"No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that."
Even your profile picture is a duplicate. AmigoJack :lol:
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 6544
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by warmweer »

Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 am
I have no purpose of hiding them all. But my own private content can be easily copied. I'm trying to prevent this
Then use the permission system to prevent others even seeing that private content.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
Raptiye
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Raptiye »

warmweer wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:44 am
Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 am
I have no purpose of hiding them all. But my own private content can be easily copied. I'm trying to prevent this
Then use the permission system to prevent others even seeing that private content.
Can I get samples or source? Thank you.
"No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that."
Even your profile picture is a duplicate. AmigoJack :lol:
User avatar
Gumboots
Registered User
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:59 am

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Gumboots »

Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:26 am
There are methods to hide your own themes, plugins and custom codes on wordpress. Judging by what you say, you should not use the internet. But it's not funny, as there is no solution.
I have to ask: why do you want to do this?

You can't "hide your own themes", because the CSS and HTML and javascript has to be available to the user's browser. That means anyone can reverse engineer your theme* if they really want to. They may have to wing it on some logic, but the structure and presentation will be pretty obvious to anyone who knows what they are doing.

For plugins, any markup or CSS or javascript they generate will be visible to any user. Again, it's only the logic that will not be visible (events, ternaries, whatever you're using).

*phpBB insists on calling them "styles" for some weird reason, but I understand what you are referring to.
Raptiye
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Raptiye »

Gumboots wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:49 am
Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:26 am
There are methods to hide your own themes, plugins and custom codes on wordpress. Judging by what you say, you should not use the internet. But it's not funny, as there is no solution.
I have to ask: why do you want to do this?

You can't "hide your own themes", because the CSS and HTML and javascript has to be available to the user's browser. That means anyone can reverse engineer your theme* if they really want to. They may have to wing it on some logic, but the structure and presentation will be pretty obvious to anyone who knows what they are doing.

For plugins, any markup or CSS or javascript they generate will be visible to any user. Again, it's only the logic that will not be visible (events, ternaries, whatever you're using).

*phpBB insists on calling them "styles" for some weird reason, but I understand what you are referring to.
Very simple. Would you like something you've made to be stolen? or to be stolen and broadcast as if she had made herself? Example: Creating a nulled/warez with a WordPress sentence.
"No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that."
Even your profile picture is a duplicate. AmigoJack :lol:
User avatar
Gumboots
Registered User
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:59 am

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Gumboots »

Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 am
... my own private content can be easily copied. I'm trying to prevent this
When you say "private content", exactly what are you referring to? Can you give precise details of what you want to hide?
User avatar
david63
Registered User
Posts: 19067
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Contact:

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by david63 »

Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:53 am
Would you like something you've made to be stolen?
Under what licence did you "make" something? You may have legal recourse depending on the licence.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Raptiye
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Raptiye »

Gumboots wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:55 am
Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 am
... my own private content can be easily copied. I'm trying to prevent this
When you say "private content", exactly what are you referring to? Can you give precise details of what you want to hide?
  • Theme/Style
  • Plugins/ext
  • Special BBCodes
"No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that."
Even your profile picture is a duplicate. AmigoJack :lol:
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 6544
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by warmweer »

Theme/Style >>> the result of the style is visible, but not the style files (but as mentioned: the logic could be reconstructed just by using the browser's Inspector tools)
Plugins/ext >>> the result can be seen but the extension files cannot be seen, nor the logic/procedures
Special BBCodes >>> the result can be seen but not how the BBcode is defined

Take the Inline code BBcode c >>> Can you reconstruct the BBcode definition?
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
Locked

Return to “phpBB Discussion”