Phpbb View Source Hide

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
User avatar
Gumboots
Registered User
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:59 am

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Gumboots »

warmweer wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:25 am
Theme/Style >>> the result of the style is visible, but not the style files (but as mentioned: the logic could be reconstructed just by using the browser's Inspector tools)
Well, some of the style files will be visible. CSS and javascript files in particular, was well as any images. These are all common viewable via dev tools. You won't get the template logic in your browser, but you'll get all HTML that is generated.

Basically, you have it backwards. ;)
User avatar
Gumboots
Registered User
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:59 am

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Gumboots »

Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:56 am
Gumboots wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:55 am
Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 am
... my own private content can be easily copied. I'm trying to prevent this
When you say "private content", exactly what are you referring to? Can you give precise details of what you want to hide?
  • Theme/Style
  • Plugins/ext
  • Special BBCodes
Those aren't precise details. They are general categories. Frankly you don't seem to know what you want to do. You just think you want to do something.

Look at it this way: anything that is visible in the browser (ie: anything that any user will see in their interface) can be viewed and analysed by anyone who has minimal technical skills. It has to be that way to generate a usable interface.

Also, anyone with a bit of experience will often be able to make a good guess at the parts they can't see. The BBCode example warmweer gave would be easy to duplicate. All it's doing is wrapping whatever content you enter in a code tag. Anyone who knows how phpBB BBCodes are written could whip that one up in a few minutes. In essence it's no different to the default italic tag.
Raptiye
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Raptiye »

Those aren't precise details. They are general categories. Frankly you don't seem to know what you want to do. You just think you want to do something.
I guess you know me better than me? Just because a file appears does not mean that the file can be downloaded.

I think you should review what I have written or your own.
"No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that."
Even your profile picture is a duplicate. AmigoJack :lol:
User avatar
Neculai Anisor
Translator
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 pm
Location: Arbroath, Angus, Scotland
Name: Neculai Anișor
Contact:

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Neculai Anisor »

You can restrict the access for html files but not for css. Even if you do so, you can always use inspect element to steal the structure. If you want your images to be protected you could try watermark.
Anișor @ phpBB3.ro - Administrator
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 6544
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by warmweer »

Gumboots wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:50 am
Basically, you have it backwards. ;)
Oh well, my gear's permanently stuck in reverse, but eventually I reach my destination 8-)

All jokes aside, yeah I did mean to say that css and js are easily viewable but not the php-files (which contain the logic fetching data to be included in the skeleton html-files).

Anyway: perhaps Raptiye can get answers using Google (or another favourite search engine)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
User avatar
Gumboots
Registered User
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:59 am

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Gumboots »

Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:43 am
Those aren't precise details. They are general categories. Frankly you don't seem to know what you want to do. You just think you want to do something.
I guess you know me better than me? Just because a file appears does not mean that the file can be downloaded.
Sure, but in the case of an HTML or PHP file the markup it generates can be. All CSS files and js files and images can be, in fact have to be, so there are very tight limits on what you can hide. You don't seem to be clear on what you want to hide. You want to hide "a theme", but that simply isn't possible for the majority of the content. This is why I asked for details.
User avatar
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Posts: 29302
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: New York City
Name: Yuriy Rusko
Contact:

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Marshalrusty »

I think that the initial (rather snarky) comments were rather unnecessary. Let's remember that this is community for folks of all skill levels.
Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:32 am
Hello;

With the ctrl + u feature, many special bb codes and plugins on my site appear. How can I prevent it from appearing? Ty.
Crtl+U gives you the page source - that is to say, the code that the browser is using to display the page. As has been said, if you get rid of that code, then the page will also not display. In effect, what you're asking is whether there's a way to send the code to the browser (to display the page) while also not sending the code to the browser.

You could obfuscate the code a bit, to make it more annoying to copy, but ultimately all of this will be defeatable, because the code must be public in order to display the page.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
User avatar
AmigoJack
Registered User
Posts: 5841
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 am
Location: グリーン ヒル ゾーン
Contact:

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by AmigoJack »

Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:48 am
Can I get samples or source?
No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 6544
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by warmweer »

AmigoJack wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:16 am
No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that.
:lol: :lol:
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
Raptiye
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Raptiye »

AmigoJack wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:16 am
Raptiye wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:48 am
Can I get samples or source?
No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that.
You don't need to stand on the forum if you are not a helpful person. I hope you understand ;)
"No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that."
Even your profile picture is a duplicate. AmigoJack :lol:
User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 68563
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

It does get a little frustrating to have to keep telling someone over and over that it doesn't work that way and that they can't do what they want to do.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
User avatar
Onnozel Manneke
Registered User
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:37 pm
Location: Walhalla
Name: Loki Heimdall
Contact:

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Onnozel Manneke »

It's true, there is no way to hide the source code. Oh well, there are like java scripts to hide it, but then all a person needs to do is disable javascript in his browser, and pooffff there is the source code again.

There is just NO way to hide it.
User avatar
AmigoJack
Registered User
Posts: 5841
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 am
Location: グリーン ヒル ゾーン
Contact:

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by AmigoJack »

Raptiye wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:20 pm
you are not a helpful person
You asked a question and I gave you an answer. If you don't accept certain answers you could have told so beforehand. Likewise my answer mirrors your intention, trying to outline the inconsistency in it. It's just like asking for a water bath and demanding to not get wet. Don't confuse "not what I wanted" with "not what I expected" and "no help". Multiple persons tried to tell you so - look up all their past posts to check how helpful they were, including me. There's no secret or cheat we try to hide from you.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
Raptiye
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by Raptiye »

AmigoJack wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:47 am
Raptiye wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:20 pm
you are not a helpful person
You asked a question and I gave you an answer. If you don't accept certain answers you could have told so beforehand. Likewise my answer mirrors your intention, trying to outline the inconsistency in it. It's just like asking for a water bath and demanding to not get wet. Don't confuse "not what I wanted" with "not what I expected" and "no help". Multiple persons tried to tell you so - look up all their past posts to check how helpful they were, including me. There's no secret or cheat we try to hide from you.
My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you. Distorting the subject in different places, you are successful.

Yes I am stating right now. Please increase your ego or message on another topic.
"No, because then you would copy it and I don't want that. I'm sure you understand that."
Even your profile picture is a duplicate. AmigoJack :lol:
User avatar
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 51905
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:21 am
Location: The U.P.
Name: Steve
Contact:

Re: Phpbb View Source Hide

Post by stevemaury »

Locking at OP's request.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Locked

Return to “phpBB Discussion”