3.3.3 Plugins?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
BlasterX

3.3.3 Plugins?

Post by BlasterX »

So I am new to phpBB and something I need clarification on is many plugins listed are for 3.3.2 but the current version is 3.3.3 will 3.3.2, 3.3.1, etc plugins work on 3.3.3 installations.

Also what about 3.2 plugin versions will those also work?

Some of these plugins look really cool but are not listed as 3.3.3.
Last edited by thecoalman on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to phpBB discussion.
halil16
Name: Halil

Re: 3.3.3 Plugins?

Post by halil16 »

There are some coding differences between 3.2 and 3.3. Moreover, some extensions make it work in 3.3 with minor changes made in one or more files. However, this situation is not valid for every extension. You can only learn this on that extension's support forum.

Best regards.
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

That can mean there was no need to update the plugin (3.3.2 series may work in 3.3.3). But that can also mean this plugin is not maintained. Read the comments and posts.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
david63

Post by david63 »

To the best of my knowledge all 3.3.x extensions will work with 3.3.3. Also the majority of 3.2.x extensions will work with 3.3.3 and many 3.1.x extensions will work with 3.3.3.

The phpBB policy is that you do not submit an extension to the CDB just to update the version unless there is a code change.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “phpBB Discussion”