Is there a way to have users who donate added to a group for a set period of time and then put back to another group?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
TheJay

Is there a way to have users who donate added to a group for a set period of time and then put back to another group?

Post by TheJay »

Hello, I'm looking to place adverts on the forum that display for guests and standard members but give members the option to donate via paypal to be placed in a special group where adverts would be disabled.

I need a solution or several extensions that will allow this and then automatically set them back to the original group after a given amount of time unless they donate again.

Has anyone else managed this?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Is there a way to have users who donate added to a group for a set period of time and then put back to another group

Post by KevC »

Aren't they more likely to save their money and just install a free adblocker?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
TheJay

Re: Is there a way to have users who donate added to a group for a set period of time and then put back to another group

Post by TheJay »

Sure, there is that option but if someone wants to support the forum (and I have seen this before), I'd like to know how to implement it. Being moved to a different user group automatically is a nice way to acknowledge their donation.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

So you want phpBB to know when someone makes a PayPal donation and thern move them to a group for a set period?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
TheJay

Post by TheJay »

Thank you very much :D

Return to “phpBB Discussion”