Discuss: phpBB 3.3.4 Release

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Discuss: phpBB 3.3.4 Release

Post by Marc »

Please discuss the announcement here.
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.3.4 Release

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

🎉
lopoto

Post by lopoto »

👍
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

The development team thanks everyone who contributed code to this release
While I'm used to never being mentioned because only git pull requests are counted (the "contributed code" phrase is simply wrong as I can easily do that) and grasping the problem and then precisely pointing at the culprit was my work I don't understand why only IMAGETYPE_WEBP was implemented and not MAGETYPE_JPEG2000 and IMAGETYPE_ICO, too, while being at it. "Nobody uses those" cannot be the answer, as formats like IMAGETYPE_XBM are supported for years already. I also want to point out that the WEBP support could have been implemented 2+ years ago already.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Thanks to the Team for the relase. 👌‍‍
AmigoJack wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:39 pm While I'm used to never being mentioned because only git pull requests are counted (the "contributed code" phrase is simply wrong as I can easily do that)
It is correct IMHO, who spends his/her time and effort giving the community his own contribution(s) using the ways offered by the developpers it is mentioned, I recall spending many hours/days trying to understand the workflow, I studied it and I have never give up, now I use the facilities the right way, I asked for help and I was helped out so I do not understand what's your problem. If you can easily do that, please go ahead.
AmigoJack wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:39 pm and grasping the problem and then precisely pointing at the culprit was my work
You pointed to the culprit giving an hint, solution was not even perfect nor exhaustive.
AmigoJack wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:39 pm I don't understand why only IMAGETYPE_WEBP was implemented and not MAGETYPE_JPEG2000 and IMAGETYPE_ICO, too, while being at it. "Nobody uses those" cannot be the answer, as formats like IMAGETYPE_XBM are supported for years already.
Because the ticket has been made just for WEBP. Feel free to create a ticket for those, it will be evaluated.
Not to mention that JPEG 2000 was built to supersede the original JPEG format by having better compression and more features. WebP, AVIF and JPEG XL are all designed to supersede JPEG 2000. https://caniuse.com/?search=jp2 - a format tha not even all browsers support.
AmigoJack wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:39 pm I also want to point out that the WEBP support could have been implemented 2+ years ago already.
Nope, first because IMAGETYPE_WEBP it is available as of PHP 7.1.0 (and phpBB 3.3.0 has been released on 06-jan-2020) - https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/releases ... ease-3.3.0 - then because nobody opened a ticket and/or pushed the code for that.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
paulvill76
Name: Pablo Villaronga

Post by paulvill76 »

Thanks ! I will try it ! :shock:
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

Hi
I just updated on my test forum, just this post but everything seems to be working fine

Update to 3.3.4.png
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!

phpBB: 3.3.11 | PHP: 8.2.16
[Kill spam on phpBB] - [Some French translation of extensions]
"Mistress, Mistress someone is bothering me in pm"
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

So far so good with my localhost testing on a CentOS Stream 8 server running PHP 7.4.18. I have one minor issue,
Marc wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:17 pmYou can find the key highlights of this release on the wiki at https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highlights/3.3.4 and a list of all issues fixed on our tracker at https://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?filter=15690
The tracker link needs some TLC as "The requested filter doesn't exist or is private. Try logging in."
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Outi

Post by Outi »

Everything works fine now with this release (ACP Login PW with PHP8).
Thanks for the great work again.
Best regards from Outi .... ;) :D
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

P_I wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:06 pm So far so good with my localhost testing on a CentOS Stream 8 server running PHP 7.4.18.
Also so far so good on another localhost environment, CentOS 7.9 server running PHP 8.0.5.

Thanks to all who contributed to this release, developers, bug reporters (and investigators) and those who've done testing of the release candidates.

Planning to update production boards in the next day or so.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Mike-on-Tour
Name: Michael

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

P_I wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:06 pm The tracker link needs some TLC as "The requested filter doesn't exist or is private. Try logging in."
It works just fine after you logged into the tracker, otherwise you will get an error message. Apparently something new as in my recollection I was able to see the list in the past without logging in.
Watz fo lunch?
If you like my extensions or my support please consider a donation: Image
LustCore

Post by LustCore »

Just updated from 3.3.3, all went smoothly.

If I am not mistaken, there is no security-related change this time. :cry:
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

LustCore wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:04 am If I am not mistaken, there is no security-related change this time. :cry:
Were you expecting a security issue to be fixed? 🤨
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
LustCore

Post by LustCore »

DavidIQ wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:10 am
LustCore wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:04 am If I am not mistaken, there is no security-related change this time. :cry:
Were you expecting a security issue to be fixed? 🤨
Nothing particular, just annoyed of spam registrations. But I am still learning on how to protect my site from them
DavidIQ
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Spam has nothing to do with security.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”