Firebase Free Hosting

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
jason4locations

Firebase Free Hosting

Post by jason4locations »

None of the suggested hosting providers were for free. When I did a search at the Support Forums using the words “free host”, the only ad for a free host was for Firebase Free Hosting. But, the link to it didn’t work. Is there a reason that Firebase Free Hosting was the only one that showed up. For example, is it better, in one way or another? Also, I looked through some of the posts, and I found FreeHostingTalk and WebHostingTalk kept on coming up. Are there any others besides these two that are free and recommended, for one reason or another? Thank you.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Firebase Free Hosting

Post by KevC »

jason4locations wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:02 pm and I found FreeHostingTalk and WebHostingTalk kept on coming up.
Those are the sites to ask on.
We don't recommend hosts, but those forums certainly can.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
david63

Post by david63 »

One point to be aware of in respect of free hosts is that they have been known to disappear overnight. Also some free hosts do not always give you full access to all features.

A free host is fine if you want to just test something out, but as a long tern option for running any website I would keep well away.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
jason4locations

Post by jason4locations »

david63 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:37 am One point to be aware of in respect of free hosts is that they have been known to disappear overnight.
I thought Firebase Free Hosting would be okay because I think they are from Google. I was able to make an account with them but, after I made the account, they covered up their description of themselves with my project name. And, I’m not sure how to use their dashboard, if it’s called a dashboard. Am I the only one who is not able to open the links that result from Google searches anymore, to find out what the Hosting does? Was I wrong to think that, because it showed up in an ad after I searched at phpBB’s forum for free hosts, Firebase Free Hosting can host a phpBB forum? I don’t know if it was supposed to show up after I searched the Google apps that are available, but they didn’t show up.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

We highly recommend that you do not use a free host. Most of them have issues and limitations. However, if you must use a free host FreeHostingTalk can assist you in locating one. The fact that Firebase is owned by Google is no guarantee of suitability or long term stability.

If you want to do it properly with a paid host we do recommend that you visit WebHostingTalk for recommendations.

You must check that any hosting that you choose can satisfy the Requiremnents which must be met before you are able to install and use phpBB

Return to “phpBB Discussion”