Accessing data base offline

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
shovelfactory

Accessing data base offline

Post by shovelfactory »

A few years ago I had a PHP forum that got attacked by spam.
I backup up the data base and downloaded it to my PC as a .tar file
Is there away that I can install PHPbb offfile and load up the database.
I have loads of PMs that I sent people which I would like to be able to access.
Secondly even when i have it loaded I cant remember the logins i used for it as it was so long ago

Is there a way I can access personal messages using the .tar database.
i dont mind paying a hosting company €5 a month for a shared platform if it means I can access this database as theres some very import stuff in it
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Re: Accessing data base offline

Post by Mannix_ »

Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Accessing data base offline

Post by Mick »

This will help you access the board once you have it working.

In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', '[email protected]', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove founder status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “phpBB Discussion”