Synchronization I'm Looking For

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
halil16
Name: Halil

Synchronization I'm Looking For

Post by halil16 »

Hello there,
I found a very cool phpBB site: https://www.drtus.com/forum/index.php (https://www.drtus.com/) (TR)

I tried to make my forum look like it, but I didn't know what to do. Please help, no way.
I know the themes he uses are paid. What I want isn't about themes. An almost seamless synchronization of phpBB with WordPress.

I know the WP w3all phpBB plugin. However, it doesn't work the way I want it to, except to integrate users. I want phpBB forums to look like Wordpress pages.

I think you understand what I mean.
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Re: Synchronization I'm Looking For

Post by Mannix_ »

halil16 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:13 pm I know the WP w3all phpBB plugin. However, it doesn't work the way I want it to, except to integrate users. I want phpBB forums to look like Wordpress pages.
It's just a matter of matching the phpbb style with the wordpress theme. I'm not aware of any style that would match with any of the wordpress themes. So you need to do the job yourself or hire someone to do it for you. :)
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
halil16

Post by halil16 »

Mannix_ wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:04 pm It's just a matter of matching the phpbb style with the wordpress theme.
Are there any guides related to this? I searched but could not find anything good. But I remember seeing something like this before.
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

halil16 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:41 pm Are there any guides related to this? I searched but could not find anything good. But I remember seeing something like this before.
[GUIDE] How to edit any part of the theme with ease!
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
halil16

Post by halil16 »

I thought there were settings made in the header and footer files. Anyway, thank you very much for your attention.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
halil16

Post by halil16 »

Hi,
When I asked them, they said that they made the header and footer with crontab, but they did not give clear information. What do you know about it?
I'm learning English...
david63

Post by david63 »

halil16 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:51 am What do you know about it?
If that is a question about "crontab" then all i know about it is that it is a Linux file used to control the running of cron jobs - an answer that would have taken you all of five seconds to search for.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

halil16 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:51 am Hi,
When I asked them, they said that they made the header and footer with crontab, but they did not give clear information. What do you know about it?
Either someone misunderstood you, you misunderstood them or the are pulling your leg. I'm going with third option. Crontab is used on Linux systems to manage cron jobs which simply execute a given command at a time interval. On a Windows system it's called task scheduler. Out of the box phpBB's cron is often referred to as "fake" cron because it's not executed by crontab. Instead you have small file that will execute whatever tasks need to be done when a page is loaded. The one downside to this is you have no control when it's executed which can be an issue on a site with low traffic. You can of course use the system cron to execute it by adding it to cron jobs and changing the settings in phpBB's ACP.

Getting back to your question if you want to amke your site look like Wordpress theme start here:

https://www.w3schools.com/css/
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
halil16

Post by halil16 »

Your are right. He may have deceived me or given incomplete information. I thought it was pulling header and footer data from WordPress theme with a crontab and html code.
I'm learning English...

Return to “phpBB Discussion”