Bulletin Board Hosting

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
SomeoneElse

Bulletin Board Hosting

Post by SomeoneElse »

Good Morning. I seem to remember, apparently years ago, that you used to be able to get Bulletin Board Hosting. Not a full blown website hosting package, but just a package that had a forum you could manage and go from there. Bare in mind this was years ago but for the time being I don't need an entire hosting package because I just want to run a forum with some disk space to start off with. I can't seem to find that, I could be mistaken obviously (very likely) LoL.Sorry if posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Bulletin Board Hosting

Post by KevC »

Not that I remember unless you're thinking of the free forum sites like proboards and forumotion, where they had a simple sign up page and bang you had a forum. A lot of them went bust because they needed huge amounts of hosting and had to cover it with adverts on the boards they hosted. You were also limited on look and feel because you couldn't add anything outside of what they gave you and if they did disappear you had no access to a backup.

Paid hosting is dirt cheap. Your other option might be to think about something liike facebook where your costs and maintenance are zero.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
SomeoneElse

Re: Bulletin Board Hosting

Post by SomeoneElse »

I will agree with you there, it has come down in price dramatically. I can't do anything now anyway but the domain is already registered and ready to go.

Thanks for the info! :)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”