Hey security related issues

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
Zordor89

Hey security related issues

Post by Zordor89 »

I am sorta new to the phpbb3 and i need to know what are some of the serval things you should do about security on the phpbb3 forum when first starting out.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Hey security related issues

Post by HiFiKabin »

Have a strong cPanel password, a strong (and different) logon password for your board.

Make sure that you are using the most upto date version of phpBB (as well as any extensions you have added)

Forget about security
BytesBoss
Name: Bytes Boss

Post by BytesBoss »

Zordor89 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:31 am I am sorta new to the phpbb3 and i need to know what are some of the serval things you should do about security on the phpbb3 forum when first starting out.
Permissions, make sure they are correct. This is a step that people miss, not just on phpBB setups but on most CMS setups. You can find out more about this by going here https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... rmissions/ :)
Heo32

Post by Heo32 »

When granting permissions to the User you created for your Database under phpMyAdmin, use these settings:

Data:
  • SELECT
  • INSERT
  • UPDATE
  • DELETE
Structure:
  • CREATE
  • DROP
Administration:
  • REFERENCES
stevemaury wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm I went to your board and looked for an hour or so, but did not see the women without underwear.
Allow using Content-Security-Policy without unsafe-inline • Content-Security-Policy
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

The user is talking about phpBB not the server.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Mick wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:45 am The user is talking about phpBB not the server.
While not directly related to phpBB it's certainly related. Security on any site is layered and compartmentalizes potential vulnerabilities. In this case you are limiting the database users permission to what phpBB requires.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “phpBB Discussion”