dealing with spam

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: dealing with spam

Post by thecoalman »

Basic service is free, pro plan is $20 a month and it goes up to quoted price for enterprise plan. It's well worth it if you have an active site and are already paying a lot for hosting. It can significantly reduce server costs.

https://www.cloudflare.com/plans/#overview
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
timelessbeing

Post by timelessbeing »

It's an unregistered not-for-profit site and it's supported by user donations. The hosting costs very little. $20/mo is already more than all combined operating costs and out of our budget.

Can you do the geo blocking like you described using the free plan? I don't understand all the language they use on the website.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

timelessbeing wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:45 pm
HiFiKabin wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:34 am A link to your board may help us give you a suitable Q&A
http://chevygmcvans.com
What does VOM stand for?

Van Of The Month
Van Of Month

(I suggest both answers for the pedantic ones who will just use the letters in VOM )
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

timelessbeing wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:45 pm That's what I had initially. It said "what color is the banner". It worked for a while. But like I said, a human only needs to figure out the question once and then feed to answer to thousands of bots.
But as I said in the text of mine that you quoted...
timelessbeing wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:45 pm Most things with a number are no good because you have finite answers and more often than not they're less than 10 so the odds of hitting the right answer are good. Same with colours.
The question you have at the moment about how many sliding doors is easy. I know nothing about those vans but it's bound to be 0,1 or 2 surely? That's not enough of a challenge to the bots.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
timelessbeing

Post by timelessbeing »

HiFiKabin wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:48 am
timelessbeing wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:45 pm

http://chevygmcvans.com
What does VOM stand for?

Van Of The Month
Van Of Month

(I suggest both answers for the pedantic ones who will just use the letters in VOM )
OK that's pretty good. I'll try that. Thanks.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You can even use that to get 2 more questions when needed.
What does the V stand for in VOM
what does the M stand for in VOM
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
timelessbeing

Post by timelessbeing »

KevC wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:00 am Most things with a number are no good because you have finite answers and more often than not they're less than 10 so the odds of hitting the right answer are good. Same with colours.

The question you have at the moment about how many sliding doors is easy. I know nothing about those vans but it's bound to be 0,1 or 2 surely? That's not enough of a challenge to the bots.
Touché
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

timelessbeing wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:06 am Can you do the geo blocking like you described using the free plan? I don't understand all the language they use on the website.
The free plan gives you five firewall rules but each rule can contain many "or" clauses. For example one rule can be used to to block or challenge many countries, another rule for ASN's, another rule for user agents etc. I think I only have about 6 or 7 myself and even then many could be combined but it's easier to manage with multiple rules for specific purpose.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
HaioPaio

Post by HaioPaio »

HiFiKabin wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:48 am What does VOM stand for?
Answer comes here https://www.abbreviations.com/VOM
www.der-räuchertreff.de phpBB 3.3.x php 7.4
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

HaioPaio wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:46 pm
HiFiKabin wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:48 am What does VOM stand for?
Answer comes here https://www.abbreviations.com/VOM
none of which are the correct answer for the board in question. (I did check before suggesting it)
HaioPaio

Post by HaioPaio »

James
My fault.
I saw an answer wich is not there. Hallucinations. Need to take my medicin. :lol:
www.der-räuchertreff.de phpBB 3.3.x php 7.4

Return to “phpBB Discussion”