Will Google index older posts in Phpbb 3.0.12?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
SGvagon

Will Google index older posts in Phpbb 3.0.12?

Post by SGvagon »

Hello,

I made a mistake in 2015 and not set my forums to allow bots to view/index my posts.

So I changed permissions to allow bots view all the forums. But my question is, how long will Google index these older posts from 2015? Or is it still possible to Google will Index them?

I added TXT parameter for Google Search Console to my website URL DNS and I can manually index all posts, but I have 313 posts, so this take lots of work for index all posts.

Thank you in advance
Last edited by Kailey on Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary URL
Forex Station

Re: Will Google index older posts in Phpbb 3.0.12?

Post by Forex Station »

SGvagon wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:29 pm So I changed permissions to allow bots view all the forums. But my question is, how long will Google index these older posts from 2015? Or is it still possible to Google will Index them?
Yes, Google will find and index these topics now that you've allowed bots to access.

You can also speed up the process by requesting those specific pages to be indexed in your Google Search Console, too.
Highly-customized PhpBB board voted as one of the most influential trading sites in the world: forex-station.com 💬
SGvagon

Post by SGvagon »

Thanks :) . Now I installed Sitemap mod as well, so I hope that Google will index these posts faster.
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

SGvagon wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:58 pm Thanks :) . Now I installed Sitemap mod as well, so I hope that Google will index these posts faster.
Yep, don't forget to ping those pages you want indexed, too. You can do that by using Pingomatic.

For me when I use this it'll index a specific page within about 6 hours and less than 3 hours if it's a completely new topic altogether.
Highly-customized PhpBB board voted as one of the most influential trading sites in the world: forex-station.com 💬

Return to “phpBB Discussion”