Solved: text size issue with chrome on android

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
Fermenter

Solved: text size issue with chrome on android

Post by Fermenter »

I really didn't know where else to post this, but I found a glitch that seems undocumented elsewhere and it took me a while to figure it out. Figured if I put it here it'll help the next person.

I've just built a forum (3.3.4, prosilver se) and I was checking it out on chrome on my samsung galaxy note 10. It looked great, except when I went to one particular subforum where the topic titles had doubled in size and it looked terrible. Unfortunately that subforum had a number of unique features that had me running round in circles for a while.

Long story short, I discovered that if any topic title is longer than about 70 characters, it causes chrome to wig out and for some reason INCREASE the font size that it uses to display the forum. Firefox had no issue.

I had two offending topics out of about 100, so it took a lot of moving stuff around to narrow down the cause. You're welcome :lol:
Last edited by Kailey on Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Solved: text size issue with chrome on android

Post by thecoalman »

You can report bugs in the bug tracker: http://tracker.phpbb.com/
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Fermenter

Re: Solved: text size issue with chrome on android

Post by Fermenter »

Thanks, I have done as you suggested.

Obviously I suspect the bug lies with Chrome, this is more of a 'heads up' and simple workaround.

Thanks again.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”