Anyone got their database from Tapatalk?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
james73

Anyone got their database from Tapatalk?

Post by james73 »

Hello all.

My forum hosts sold out to Tapatalk a number of years back, but recently I've been considering setting up a wee Raspberry Pi web server to host my forum.

Has anyone had their forum database from Tapatalk? Any issues or problems that you ran into?

Any advice greatly appreciated. 8-)
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Anyone got their database from Tapatalk?

Post by thecoalman »

Do you have copy of the database now?
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
david63

Post by david63 »

From memory of other posts on this subject I seem to recall that it is vitually impossible
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

It’s not just phpBB boards either, it seems they have the same policy on most(all?) of the other platforms they offer too. The fact you can’t get a copy of your db would be a major factor in me dumping Tapatalk altogether.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
GTI
Name: Laura

Post by GTI »

Mick wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:18 am The fact you can’t get a copy of your db would be a major factor in me dumping Tapatalk altogether.
Most forums affected 5 or more years old, if they had regular postings they would have lost it by dumping it.

They did offer everyone the chance to take their database and leave at the time of takeover though, a period of 3 months I think, they offer a hassle/maintanence free service which is why it's so popular.
Most of us will enjoy Christmas in the comfort of our own homes this year, however, sadly, that can't be said for people in the Ukraine who are suffering day after day, due to the Russian invasion.

If you would like to make a small donation to help Ukrainians in their time of need, you can donate to help all Ukrainians via BritishRedCross or you can donate to help the Ukrainian children via Unicef. 🇺🇦 Thank You 🇺🇦
Shirkan

Post by Shirkan »

I would not recommend this at all.
Tried it a few years back and it created a massive mess that took me weeks to clean up.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”