Rollback from updates / versions

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
4mpb5

Rollback from updates / versions

Post by 4mpb5 »

Is there a way to rollback if I do not like the updates or to rollback to previous version if I do not like the new version of PHPBB I just installed.

What to do if the update or version upgrade process gets locked up or crashes during the process ?

Can I roll out the new version but save the older version in case & relaunch it if I need to ?

Thanks
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Rollback from updates / versions

Post by warmweer »

4mpb5 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:13 pm Is there a way to rollback if I do not like the updates or to rollback to previous version if I do not like the new version of PHPBB I just installed.
??? What else would be the point of taking a backup before updating (or installing an extension or custom modification)?

Restore the backup of the files, restore the backup of the database. Reset the php version (if that was changed) and there you have it: your board before your update/grade!
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”