Is it worth for me to install phpBB?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
obvious94

Is it worth for me to install phpBB?

Post by obvious94 »

I run this website which is a non-profit review based website.

Basically I review all kind of products and services on danish. We call it "anmeldelsesplatform", however I don't know if it would be worth it to install phpBB. It is currently a wordpress website, and I really want to customize some specific details.

The website is: *link deleted*

One thing I am especially looking for is a chat system or a forum system. I don't have much knowledge within the phpbb software. So any advice would be appreciated.
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unneeded link deleted
AmigoJack

Re: Is it worth for me to install phpBB?

Post by AmigoJack »

• phpBB has a better security record than WordPress will ever have. Writing all your articles in a bulletin board system (aka "forums")
  • phpBB can be installed unrelated to any existing software - you can still continue using your WordPress installation. Or not. And vice versa.
  • No, it doesn't have a chat, but instead private messages (which work like board bound emails).
In case you haven't read it already: you can even test the software entirely without needing to install it:
https://www.phpbb.com/about/ wrote:No other bulletin board software offers a greater complement of features, while maintaining efficiency and ease of use. Best of all, phpBB is completely free. We welcome you to test it for yourself today*.

*Test board is generated automatically and is only available for an hour after it is created. Once this time limit is reached, the data is purged. Please note that the demo is linked to your IP address; you will not be able to share your test board with other individuals. Default username/password: administrator/administrator
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28

Return to “phpBB Discussion”