Purge the cache if I edit a PHP file?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: phpBB and OPcache

Post by thecoalman »

3Di wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:10 am I understand that you have difficulty conceiving of the basic concept that applies to most installations and that you want to point out your contradictory skills, but I am the wrong person. Getting over it seems wise.
My advice is based on posts in the support forum where people have edited php files and not seeing their edits take affect. It's the safe thing to do after editing php files whatever the cause.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

thecoalman wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:47 am My advice is based on posts in the support forum where people have edited php files and not seeing their edits take affect.
I would be very happy to read these posts in order to be able to comprehend your and their reasons and then wisely be able to reconsider, if necessary. I invite you to provide the links in question, thank you.
thecoalman wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:47 am It's the safe thing to do after editing php files whatever the cause.
Safe but not wise, as I said.
You can't take your configuration as the holy scripture.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

I've explained my reasoning and if you are of the opinion that a few users getting handful of slow page loads is justification for not doing it then we'll have to disagree.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

thecoalman wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:08 am SNIP

we'll have to disagree.
Nothing new here, we are already doing this and I have already given my reasons. And I don't think I'm clueless on the matter, as you would have us believe by reading some of your answers (at least this is what I translate and interpret, not being a native speaker).

I leave any further comments to other readers, and I await the links in case you have the time and inclination to provide them in support of your above thesis.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Return to “phpBB Discussion”