Version in use at three BBS

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
ChrisGreaves
Name: Chris Greaves

Version in use at three BBS

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Hello, I am not new to BBS in general, and currently am a member on three different phpBB installations.
I have questions regarding the Search facility.
(1) What forum should I use? (based on my questions below)
(2) How do I determine what version/build of phpBB is installed on each site (so that I can quote that in my post)
(3) Is it permissible to quote the URL of each specific site?

I am trying to build sets of URLs that interrogate the phpBB site and return data that is useful to a registered member. For example, the URL for "New Posts" but not AUSTRALIAN in the topic.
I don't need the answer for the URL here, but rather "Where should I be posting these questions?".
I tried General Discussion, but could not find a New Post button there.

Please, and Thank You
Chris Greaves
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Version in use at three BBS

Post by KevC »

Probably easiest to post the links (they can be edited out later) as the way you can find the version can differ if they're very old.
ChrisGreaves wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:07 pm I don't need the answer for the URL here, but rather "Where should I be posting these questions?".
I tried General Discussion, but could not find a New Post button there.
This forum is fine.
New users with no posts cannot post in GD.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “phpBB Discussion”