Membership

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
Wolf79

Membership

Post by Wolf79 »

Hey!

I couldn't find recent topics of phpBB memberships. What is the best and most versatile membership plugin nowadays. First our forum is going to be free but someday chargeable. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Membership

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

you need to do a search in the extensions forums here.
I do not remember any membership extensions since extensions started but I could be wrong.

you could also search around the web for membership scripts that would be compatible with phpBB3

luck,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Wolf79

Post by Wolf79 »

Sooo it's not so common to build paid forums with phpBB?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Concentrate on just getting the forum going first. You might not even get to the point of paid membership for 2-3 years. By far the hardest thing is just getting to 10 members.

Paid membership is tricky. If what they are paying for can be found elsewhere for free, then no it won't work.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Wolf79

Re: phpBB forum with membership

Post by Wolf79 »

Hey, any news about paid memberships? We would want to monetize our forum one day but how it could be done?
Last edited by P_I on Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2488566 (bumping 3 year old topic)
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:32 pm you need to do a search in the extensions forums here
or, if you don’t find anything that suits your purpose make an extension request.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
halil16
Name: Halil

Re: phpBB forum with membership

Post by halil16 »

Wolf79 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:39 pm Hey, any news about paid memberships? We would want to monetize our forum one day but how it could be done?
You can create different groups called VIP or Premium or different. You set special permissions and abilities that will not be available to other members. Then you sell them. They send you money. Then they want to join the group. Like.

If you say you can't deal with one by one, there is an extension like this:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/groupsub/

but it is not updated anymore.
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte

Return to “phpBB Discussion”