Quick Reply On This Site

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
GTI
Name: Laura

Re: Quick Reply On This Site

Post by GTI »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:51 pm or, as it is currently default, have it off by default and the admin can turn it on for all forums or only
ones they want it for like here at phpbb.com

robert
The admin in this site doesn't post anything though... so why would they switch it on in some places and not others?

It's clear to see that on this site it has been enabled by mistake in certain forums.

Unless the phpBB dot com administrator has a clever idea and switches it on in certain places to improve the quality of post content :idea:
Most of us will enjoy Christmas in the comfort of our own homes this year, however, sadly, that can't be said for people in the Ukraine who are suffering day after day, due to the Russian invasion.

If you would like to make a small donation to help Ukrainians in their time of need, you can donate to help all Ukrainians via BritishRedCross or you can donate to help the Ukrainian children via Unicef. 🇺🇦 Thank You 🇺🇦
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Post by Steve »

david63 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:57 am There are many times where a simple one line is all that is required to respond to a post and it is easier to use the QR for that.

I think that this is a subject where there are two camps - neither of which is right and neither of which is wrong and we will all have to agree to disagree.
David nailed it on the head.

“Thanks”
“Installed and working”

But if you need a bbcode you can’t find it in the normal quick reply form
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺
GTI
Name: Laura

Post by GTI »

Steve wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:51 pm “Thanks”
“Installed and working”
To save anyone reading this topic getting mislead, the Quick Reply doesn't need to be 'installed' it is built in and simply needs enabling in the ACP.
Most of us will enjoy Christmas in the comfort of our own homes this year, however, sadly, that can't be said for people in the Ukraine who are suffering day after day, due to the Russian invasion.

If you would like to make a small donation to help Ukrainians in their time of need, you can donate to help all Ukrainians via BritishRedCross or you can donate to help the Ukrainian children via Unicef. 🇺🇦 Thank You 🇺🇦
danieltj
Name: Daniel James

Post by danieltj »

GTI wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:17 pm
“Installed and working”
To save anyone reading this topic getting mislead, the Quick Reply doesn't need to be 'installed' it is built in and simply needs enabling in the ACP.
Reminds me of the ‘evil quick reply’ MOD from the 3.0 days. Gosh that changed the game.
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Post by Steve »

GTI wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:17 pm
“Installed and working”
Did I mislead you?
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

danieltj wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:44 pmIf you don’t want to use it, you don’t have to
It’s the same as the toilet seat up toilet seat down conundrum.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
danieltj
Name: Daniel James

Post by danieltj »

Mick wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:19 am
danieltj wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:44 pmIf you don’t want to use it, you don’t have to
It’s the same as the toilet seat up toilet seat down conundrum.
🤣 okay… interesting take.
halil16
Name: Halil

Post by halil16 »

Could it be: There are many installed phpBB on this site. :)
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte

Return to “phpBB Discussion”